Starting local veterans 4wd club (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the plan, hopefully I hear something soon about my job. Damn Fed govt takes forever!

Where are you now? San Diego?

You had mentioned wanting to join us. Of course you’re welcome, but if you also want something closer there’s a club near you called 4X4 Corps (veterans & active). I went with them on Dusy last year, good people. We will be doing some projects and camping trips next season you could also join us on.

You had mentioned wanting to join us. Of course you’re welcome, but if you also want something closer there’s a club near you called 4X4 Corps (veterans & active). I went with them on Dusy last year, good people. We will be doing some projects and camping trips next season you could also join us on.

Where are you located? I will look up the other group, thank you!

I’m in Fresno (Central Valley), 4X4 Corps comes up here every summer to run Dusy. It’s a long haul for them, nine or ten hours to the trailhead depending on traffic. I’m two and a half to three hours to the trailhead.

512B05D5-9DED-4D40-B327-094FD3C979E7.png

These things are optimistic on driving time, I don’t make it this fast.
DDE973E6-CB70-4BBB-813B-C49978CCC205.png

Mountain Warriors recently did a camping trip on a remote low elevation river, just a dirt road. Seven veterans and one girlfriend went, they all loved it. There are two hiking trails beginning just beyond camp that don't get much maintenance attention from the F.S. due to budget. We just sent a letter of intent to the F.S. asking to adopt the river trail.

Remember Mountain Warriors is under the non profit of a kinda local veterans organization called Our Heroes Dreams, MW is one of the squads intended to get veterans out doing something, and with other veterans. My contact in Our Heroes Dreams that helps with the needs of the squads was at the recent camping trip, and had this to say.

We most definitely need to adopt that hiking trail. Its proximity to that camp site, plus being a hiking trail and not an OHV trail would pull more interest among those that are more into hiking and camping (but dont have a 4x4). That spot could also provide a means for us to do "mini-retreats" over the weekends for Veterans and their family that just need a quick "reset". The only draw back I see would be the lack of shower facilities, but "temporary camping" style ones can be rigged up pretty easy and taken down when we leave.

And this is my comment again, this would give Mountain Warriors something outside the OHV season. Most of the local OHV trails are only open June through October, if that long.

We got stickers for our rigs.
60F01709-F773-47B7-B5F9-7AC40AE6FE35.jpeg
C4C82196-0CCA-4CC4-9135-8A3C29ABD533.jpeg

Our sign at the ranger station was paper with a plastic cover, it fell apart. Got this metal sign installed yesterday, that’s a fellow veteran in the picture.
F8072B14-F5F7-48D9-B2BA-959261312852.jpeg
0067B87A-6F11-4014-8DCF-26CE489DD205.jpeg

The guy in the yellow hard hat is also a veteran that went with me on a trail clearing July 8th, he did well. He was Army 72-92. He has kept in contact, hoping to find another trip that works for him.
2EFDDE95-910E-4950-B826-FD564DC25D49.jpeg
F94992F6-94F2-4411-B733-D228003D5AD8.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom