Starting issues with j200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I am a mechanic from the Middle East and one of my client approached me with their j200 (3ur fe) and had issues with starting, as in it starts but the self takes too long and makes the noise for few seconds and i am unable to figure out why this happens, took apart the fuel injector and cleaned it, yet the problem continues.

Thankyou.

Hi
I am a mechanic from the Middle East and one of my client approached me with their j200 (3ur fe) and had issues with starting, as in it starts but the self takes too long and makes the noise for few seconds and i am unable to figure out why this happens, took apart the fuel injector and cleaned it, yet the problem continues.

Thankyou.
Are there any codes stored in the ecu? Check engine light?

Hi

Thankyou.
There are known starter issues with the 5.7. Usually it’s the solenoid.

Some people experience starting issues before the starter fails.

There are several threads on this here…if you replace the starter the way the dealer recommends it’s supposedly a 6 hour job.

Some people partially disassemble the starter before removing it and it makes it a little easier to get it out…and shaves a little time off the job.

Also, the new replacement starters are physically smaller so they go back in easier.

There are known starter issues with the 5.7. Usually it’s the solenoid.

Some people experience starting issues before the starter fails.

There are several threads on this here…if you replace the starter the way the dealer recommends it’s supposedly a 6 hour job.

Some people partially disassemble the starter before removing it and it makes it a little easier to get it out…and shaves a little time off the job.

Also, the new replacement starters are physically smaller so they go back in easier.
Typically the starter issue is a click or nothing happens. If the OP is experiencing the engine cranking a bunch but not actually starting my sense is a sensor failure and would suggest checking for stored codes with TechStream or a code reader as @bloc suggests first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom