Starting Issue After Warmed Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser starts up fine when cold but after the engine has warmed up it takes a while to get started again if I shut her off. Just had the carb gone over by Mark. Do I need to make some other adjustments?? :confused:

Does it spin up, but not start? Does the starter just click, or do nothing at all? Does it stutter and try to stall once it finally catches? etc etc. Give us more details.

does your carb fan work?

does your carb fan work?

Had the same problem -truck seemed to be out of gas when trying to start hot, got my carb fan working and problem solved. The engine heat is causing your fuel to evaporate- check your float window on your carb before you try to hot start and see if it is empty.

Good luck:cheers:

how can i check the carb fan?? i will check the sight glass after i warm it up and before a restart. havn't done that yet. starter is new and working good with a new optima. seems like it is starving for gas.

turn on, warm up, turn off, listen for fan

id bet atleast a few cents that you have a frayed/burnt wire hangin around near the driver side front fender

This is where the carb fan is. After the engine is warm and you turn it off, you should hear it come on. Air will be pulled through the vent on the driver's side.

P3280012_web.jpg

I know for a fact that thing has never come on since I have owned my cruiser! Thanks for the info!

Just wanted to thank this forum and everyone for their help once again. Got my carb cooling fan to work finally. The infamous sensor wire was the culprit but another thing I wanted to note is that I believe the 7.5A dome light fuse is tied into the same circuit as the cooling fan. Mine was burnt out and as soon as I replaced it the fan fired right up. :clap::clap:

Sorry to bring this one back up but I am still having a hot start issue. My carb fan is working now. It starts up alot easier than before when warm but still have to feather the gas to keep it running once I get it running. Cold start in the morning and she starts right up. When I get to work in the morning for example I turn it off and try to start it back up again and it takes some pedal pumping and turns over quite a bit before it fires back up, then I have to feather the gas for a while to keep it running or it dies.?? Today it died 3-4 times before I could get it to stay running.

Have to talked to Mark about this issue since having the carb worked on? He can probably help steer you in the right direction.

not yet but I was thinking of doing that today. good call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom