Starting in the low 20's... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm at the hotel in Chicago, will have to wait til I get home tomorrow night to post pics, I got quite a few! I picked up a few brochures for anyone interested. The Toyota rep said the FJ Cruiser will start in the low 20's! I'm actually really shocked... maybe that's without the interior! I begged them to open the door, they wouldn't do it, just said it's empty inside. You could see the steering wheel and the top of the dash, it looked the same as the early prototype from what I could tell. It actually didn't look bad in person, the color looks much better in person also.
The most fun I had was listening to stupid people around me talking about it, my favorite, "oh, I see, fj... like a jeep cj... they wanted people to compare it to the jeep cj" OK, how did I refrain from turning around and smacking him? Everyone around me thought it was just a prototype, I was there for about an hour before some idiot got up and said about 45 seconds worth of info about it, disappointing to say the least. I must have told at least a dozen people standing next to me that it in fact will be in production, where were the reps? They should have hired some of us cruiserheads to walk around and tell people about it!

i'd love to have a brochure...
i'm sure 'pimp will be in here any second wanting to add to his cruiser memorabilia ;p

Read my newspaper this morning and they have an article about the FJ and they mentioned something about an early 06 arrival date and starting price at est. $18k.

my dealer said early 06 and that it would be priced under the 4-runner 32k also would like a brochure

sent a pm yesterday about brochure, not sure if you got it, would like one if you have still

Well I thought I had FJ Cruiser information, I asked for quite a few brochures so I could share them. I never got a chance to look it over until I got on the plane and discovered that the brocures they gave me were just 2005 vehicles, no FJ Cruiser. I'm pretty ticked about it, I specifically asked for info on the FJ Cruiser! Anyone know if it's going to be at the Cleveland Auto Show? If it is I'll make sure I pick up a bunch of copies for all of you if it is! I'm not really surprised that they gave me the wrong info though, all of the Toyota reps were pretty clueless!

I'm just shooting from the hip, but I'm guessing they aren't pushing the intro too quickly because the vehicle is obviously not ready to produce yet!
They have to get everything lined out to mass produce them before they can hit the sales end of it really hard. They only have a shell concept so far from what we see/hear now.

From what I've seen ALL sales reps are pretty clueless. Especially when working within the bureacracy of a huge company like Toyota!

Hope they keep the TOYOTA on the grille and the general 40 bezel look though. If they lose that it will have NO cruiser appeal at all.

Good info. though and thanks for the pics on the other thread !!!!!!

Dianna said:
Anyone know if it's going to be at the Cleveland Auto Show?
talked to toyota to see if it was comming to my show (K.C.), was told no that is not going to any other shows not even L.A.

wonder if they'll still have the literature, i'll have to see if anyone i know is going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom