Starter/Transmission issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Transmission stopped pulling going down hill. Then the starter went out, or so I thought. I replaced the starter and I have the same issue. The starter does not turn the motor over. I put a ratchet on the crankshaft and turned the motor. Question does the key have anything to do with the starter fully engaging? The chip going bad cause an issue? We have 280k miles so the started being bad was feasible. I had just replaced the Alternator a few weeks before this happened. One shop told me that it was common for the starter to go out after the alternator went bad. Thanks in advance for the input.

Transmission stopped pulling going down hill. Then the starter went out, or so I thought. I replaced the starter and I have the same issue. The starter does not turn the motor over. I put a ratchet on the crankshaft and turned the motor. Question does the key have anything to do with the starter fully engaging? The chip going bad cause an issue? We have 280k miles so the started being bad was feasible. I had just replaced the Alternator a few weeks before this happened. One shop told me that it was common for the starter to go out after the alternator went bad. Thanks in advance for the input.
Not sure if it matters, but 02 4.7 V8

This is worth reading over:

UPDATE. Looks like the flywheel is broke or the bolts broke? After pulling new starter back off and installing welding cable to make sure there was NO chance of bad wiring to starter, it did the same thing. starter kicks out but does not turn engine. This explains why the transmission stopped working.

I get socket and breaker bar and put on crankshaft bolt and turn the engine and see the flywheel not move and then catch on something to move.
Now the BIG question. I still have the intake off and am contemplating pulling the engine or transmission. Which is the easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom