Starter problems and wierd grinding noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So for a while, my starter has been making some weird noises. Its been for about a year. I would start and every once in awhile it would grind and make some noise and grind and clank around. It started making it worse this week. After lunch starter would spin and every few key turns it would seem to have Teeth to catch and spin the motor. It was able to start and then once to work I shut it off and tried again and it started very slowly after "finding teeth" to spin on then kept making the grinding noise like the starter was spinning aafter the truck was running.

Does anyone have experience with this? I've already ordered a starter and it'll be in today.

Thanks in advance

Micah Hoke

Your plunger maybe sticking. Is it the original starter? I had new contacts in mine on the original many years ago and had to replace the starter around 188k miles. I bought an aftermarket starter and it doesn't disengage right way and I get a grinding sound. Hopefully you bought an OEM starter since some aftermarket ones like mine make the noise.

it will keep grinding until it looks like this......

Thanks guys! Working on taking it all apart now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom