Starter ID (w/o sticker) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NaterGator

On Gilligan's Island
Threads
What is the best way to identify starter capacity if it doesn't have a visible sticker w/ part number on it?

I need to R&R my contacts/plunger but I can't tell CDan which model I have because I can't find any identifying marks on it. Used a mirror to look behind it but didn't see anything either. Are the casings a specific size and something I could measure? I'm guessing since it was sold in and has lived its life in Florida it isnt the cold weather starter, but I'd like to be sure.

Any tips?

If there are no stickers on it - it's not stock in all likelihood. This means you may have to open it up to confirm what you have. Your best bet might be to use the VIN to determine what it came with on the theory that someone looked up the starter with the VIN to replace it. Still a crapshoot.

DougM

I tried the VIN lookup when I did mine, but did not have much luck. (At least for my LX, the dealer didn't seem to be able to tell). On the other hand, as it is likely not the OEM, I would probably just replace it all together. Just my $0.02...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom