starter from a 97 lx450, core-ing it...anybody in Houston want? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*GONE* starter from a 97 lx450, core-ing it

Starter was sticking, decided to buy rebuilt rather than repair it (whoa that's lazy). Getting a $35 core from dealer...if anyone in Houston wants it to repair, it'd be cheaper to buy mine for the $35 and a repair kit than a rebuilt ($300 local dealer price).

Honestly dunno if it's a 1.4 or 2kw...I bought a 2kw and didn't even look at the part no. on the old one. Has 113K miles on it. I've now had HG, VSV, and Starter issues...did the PHH as prev. maint., hope it holds together for a while, now :)

I'd rather sell it to someone who needs it over core-ing it, so shoot me a PM if you want it. (and if the 1.4 vs. 2kw is important to you, I'll get and send u the part number on the one I have).

I'm on the west side of Houston for pick up.

If no interest, i'll core it next week.

Last edited:
Wow! Sounds like you have had some issues.

Everything lined out now, or do you still have some work to do?

No need to go it alone, unless you want to. Give a hollar if you need a hand.

Core-d the starter yesterday. The power antenna died on Sunday...C-dan is on vacation, so picked up the replacement mast at retail while i was at sterling mccall.

fun little 30 minute project replacing the mast. grrr...ah well, i got it with 72K on the clock and until 109K it cost me nothing but preventative maint. The last 4K miles have beeen expeeeeensive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom