Start Delay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lately, my LX450 has been doing something different, especially since it has been getting colder. When I go to start in the morning, I turn the key and there is electrical but the engine doesn't turn over. If I continue to keep the key turned, the engine will turn over and start right up after 2-7 seconds. Any thoughts?:idea:

Thanks

You may need to clean the connections at the battery or check the condition of the battery. While you may have power it may be a dirty connection that impeeds the flow of electricty to the demand you jsut placed on it. After that it may be in the solinoid at the starter. later robbie

expectthebest said:
Lately, my LX450 has been doing something different, especially since it has been getting colder. When I go to start in the morning, I turn the key and there is electrical but the engine doesn't turn over. If I continue to keep the key turned, the engine will turn over and start right up after 2-7 seconds. Any thoughts?:idea:

Thanks

Search "Starter Contacts".

This is NOT something to put off....

If the problem is the starter contact, shouldn't I hear a clicking sound when the key is turned? I am not hearing anything.

Not always...my symptoms were:

Turn the key...pause.......starter kicked in, and engine started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom