start by it's self? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

I tried to start my lx on a hill today and it wanted to start on its own after i take the key out of the ignition but wouldn't turn over, it would just keep turning, and after letting it sit for 5 minutes it started right over. Weird and very unordinary, is this common? thanks

can you give us more detail? when you say that it "wanted to start on it's own after you take the key out of the ignition" that leads me to believe that your starter may have been sticking, which is bad. you can burn up your starter and even catch your truck on fire if you let it run too long.

Exactly, i first enter the rig and try to start it and it keeps on turning but dosent want to start. So then i turn it off and take the key out. and then it just tries to start by its self with no key inserted in at all. That is the first and last time a situaiton like this has happened to me, thanks for the input-tata

Starter contacts are sticking. Happened to me and it's very unnerving.
Until I replaced the starter, had to loosen the battery terminal a little and have a screwdriver real close to detach the cable just in case.
It's happened to a few on this forum.
I got the contact replacement kit from CDan but never got around to it yet since I bought a aftermarket replacement starter.

Bottom line, fix ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom