Stamped Bezel: Cygnus White & Vinyl Lettering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Threads
I purchased two of the South American stamped bezels and have them painted. One is painted OEM Cygnus White by a Toyota Collision Center and the other is painted Duplicolor - Wimbledon White by me. I am looking for the vinyl lettering to install on these. Does anyone know where I can find a couple of sets? Or would anyone be willing to make some new stickers? I know there was a thread on MUD that offered these, but they no longer sell them and have since sold their vinyl cutting machine.

Note: If you have ever wanted to see what the two colors look side by side, well here you go. Cygnus White is the top bezel and Wimbledon White the bottom bezel.

DSC05609.jpg

DSC05613.jpg

DSC05614.jpg

Note: I had my hard top and a few bezels repainted to the OEM Toyota Cygnus White at the same time and forgot to grab the extra stamped bezel I had at home....hence the Wimbledon White.

Hmmm... I thought most people were painting the lettering, not vinyl. I have a vinyl cutter, wonder what font that is?

Yep, tried my hand at lettering the Wimbledon White one........"TRIED" was the operative word there!!!! I gave it a shot, but was quickly cussing and grabbing the mineral spirits. Thus I've decided to go a different route with a set of vinyl letters, if possible. If not, I'll find someone that does hand pin-striping to paint them.

Yep, tried my hand at lettering the Wimbledon White one........"TRIED" was the operative word there!!!! I gave it a shot, but was quickly cussing and grabbing the mineral spirits. Thus I've decided to go a different route with a set of vinyl letters, if possible. If not, I'll find someone that does hand pin-striping to paint them.

I'm no pro at vinyl, but I think a really steady handed pin-stripe "artist" would be the way to go. Trying to get the vinyl letters to fit down in that dip of the letter would be EXTREMELY difficult and with questionable longevity. Personally I'd go the pin-stripe route, especially on your classic '40. @cppilot had a friend paint his red on his awesome '45;

"Sage" My 65-FJ45 finally makes it home!

Get a syringe from your local Pharmacy, and "fill" the letters with paint. :)

leave it white(or whatever fancy color that is).......think thats what I am going to do.

my wife hand painted some Xmas ornaments last year that came out great....but I am afraid she may decide to make wall art out of the bezel once done.....;)

leave it white(or whatever fancy color that is).......think thats what I am going to do.

my wife hand painted some Xmas ornaments last year that came out great....but I am afraid she may decide to make wall art out of the bezel once done.....;)

You said "wall art".....three of them bezel's hang in my office now. :doh:

DSC05605.jpg

should have figured.......:cheers:

we have a new OEM 2F valve cover on display in the living room....mostly because I ran out of room to stash cruiser parts......

heading up into the attic to find my GIFU mud flaps as we speak....

Want to borrow mine? :grinpimp:

DSC05185.jpg

Funny, all my certificates, registrations and diplomas are framed, but sit in one of my office storage cabinets......I opt for deer heads, Land Cruiser parts & other do-dads to hag on the walls!

DSC05617.jpg

Correct color for a stamped bezel is Shell Ivory, not Cygnus White. Just sayin ;).

I also have the correct color for the lettering somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Shell Ivory....Figures!.....But since it's possibly going on a '77, the current paint will suffice. Oh, I believe the lettering should be some shade of red/maroon/burgundy, but I'm going with black to match my OEM rims.

Correct color for a stamped bezel is Shell Ivory, not Cygnus White. Just sayin ;).

I also have the correct color for the lettering somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

For the Land Cruisers that came with the stamped bezel, were the hard tops Shell Ivory as well?

I purchased two of the South American stamped bezels and have them painted. One is painted OEM Cygnus White by a Toyota Collision Center and the other is painted Duplicolor - Wimbledon White by me. I am looking for the vinyl lettering to install on these. Does anyone know where I can find a couple of sets? Or would anyone be willing to make some new stickers? I know there was a thread on MUD that offered these, but they no longer sell them and have since sold their vinyl cutting machine.

Note: If you have ever wanted to see what the two colors look side by side, well here you go. Cygnus White is the top bezel and Wimbledon White the bottom bezel.

View attachment 1346612

View attachment 1346613

View attachment 1346614

Note: I had my hard top and a few bezels repainted to the OEM Toyota Cygnus White at the same time and forgot to grab the extra stamped bezel I had at home....hence the Wimbledon White.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to your PM,
Just been super busy with work/life.
I will take a look at this and see what I can come up with.
My only concern is the stamping is not perfect so each letter might have to custom drawn separately.

I'm not sure if there's a perfect font match.

I like the idea, I also think each letter would need to be applied separately so each letter could be aligned in the appropriate stamp crevice.

I'll keep you posted.

Girraffe just PM'd me he is working up some vinyl lettering for the bezel ! I'll pm him back and tell him to respond to this thread.

PM Capt'n Conch--His wife painted his--awfully good job!

It will take me a few days to get the artwork done up. If someone has a stamped bezel I would really appreciate some very detailed photos with a tape or micrometer over the letters so I can get the sizes just right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom