Stalling on Moderate OHV Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a 2007 with 113,000 miles, which I bought six months ago (so I have limited historical knowledge). It runs amazing. I’ve had no problems (mechanical or otherwise).

I drove it three hours to do some trail riding in the Sierras. Ran like a champ the whole way there. Within 1/4 mile into the trail, the RPMs flutter, drop, and it stalls. It starts but only slightly, flutters, RPMs drop, stalls. This happens a few times until I let it sit for five minutes or so (thanks to the very patient dudes in the Jeep behind me as I blocked the trail). After a short rest it starts up, seems ok, so I continue.

A mile down the trail, same thing. Again, after many attempts to start it, I let it rest. After rest it starts up again. At that point I reluctantly called it a day. I drove the three hours home without issue (ran great).

Has anyone experienced anything similar? If so, I’d love to know what the culprit was for you.
Thanks.

Gotta use the search function before starting threads bud. There's tons of results. Google is easier IMO.

Type in: 100 series random stall site:forum.ih8mud.com

Gotta use the search function before starting threads bud. There's tons of results. Google is easier IMO.

Type in: 100 series random stall site:forum.ih8mud.com
I searched but admittedly I have a hard time finding specific content with my ih8mud searches.

I searched but admittedly I have a hard time finding specific content with my ih8mud searches.
Use google and add ih8mud. I’ve found that this site’s search function isn’t the best. No doubt info here is invaluable, though.

But perhaps the pressure in the tank is building up too much? Unscrew the gas cap and find out next time.

If a fuel boiling issue, you'll likely smell fuel and see vapors coming from gas cap area. Opening cap is dangerous if you have these signs.

Many 06-07 have bad fuel pumps, which may be your issue or part of issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom