Valve clatter zero oil pressure (Stall, fails to idle, pending tow - resolved) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cheapo way to try quickly is to remove the oil filter and crank it. No gushing oil in large quantities would be a strong hint I think.

Fastest way to $hit or get off the pot in my mind.

If you're buying and putting new parts on this motor to diagnose it - its not a big deal. If you need a new motor, you can swap it all on to the donor and you'll be in good shape.

Depending on how old that oil is, the small amount of flake in it isn't terrible for a motor with that many miles on it.

Do you have a mechanic's stethoscope? Where is the knock coming from on the motor? It's tough in the video to pinpoint the sound of that knock. Is there a substantial vibration in the motor?

So the oil I posted earlier had maybe 300 miles on it. I don’t have a stethoscope but I can listen with a screwdriver.

Yeah kind of my thought, if it ends up being a toast motor the accessories will at least be good for trail spares of whatever.

So the oil I posted earlier had maybe 300 miles on it. I don’t have a stethoscope but I can listen with a screwdriver.

Yeah kind of my thought, if it ends up being a toast motor the accessories will at least be good for trail spares of whatever.

That's not good. I'll upgrade my guess to a bearing.

Ahh man that sucks. I hate to see such a cool rig get put down because of this kind of thing. Well, at least you have another.

Hopefully she doesn’t get put down, I really want to sell to someone with the energy to fix it.

Where are you located?

Nevermind, I found your sale thread. That is a solid deal for all of the stuff that's included. Someone could transfer all of the gear over to their vehicle and part the 100 out and do pretty well for themselves.

Where are you located?

Nevermind, I found your sale thread. That is a solid deal for all of the stuff that's included. Someone could transfer all of the gear over to their vehicle and part the 100 out and do pretty well for themselves.

That’s what I’m hoping for. If I don’t sell at that price I’ll part the truck out. I’ve got tons of good stuff in it.

The rig in this thread. Now available in the classifieds

At the end of the day I’d rather spend the time and money putting a turbo in my 77 then a motor in my 100. I’ve got two wagons that serve the same purpose.

That said I might consider trades for a 40 series or 80 series in similar condition.

The rig in this thread. Now available in the classifieds
Ahh. Gotcha. I thought you may be referring to my recent triple locked 80 series casualty from an engine fire.

Ahh. Gotcha. I thought you may be referring to my recent triple locked 80 series casualty from an engine fire.
Sorry for your loss. It's just the next step in your 100% Hundyfication. Don't deny your DESTINY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom