Stainless Steel Windshield/Doors/Hood/Amby FJ40 Hinge Pins with Bronze Bushings. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im not really sure, Can you compare the two? Maybe take some measurements?
Thanks!

Took me a few days and since I measured in the dark I don’t have any good pictures, but from the best that I can see, the shaft length of the pins is about 56mm and the button head is pretty near 10mm in diameter.

Does that give you any idea on how it compares to the barn door hinges?
02131640-99EF-4009-B9E3-99476BAE7876.jpeg

Last edited:
Took me a few days and since I measured in the dark I don’t have any good pictures, but from the best that I can see, the shaft length of the pins is about 56mm and the button head is pretty near 10mm in diameter.

Does that give you any idea on how it compares to the barn door hinges?View attachment 2381771
Perfect, Yes those measurements are the same or really close for a stamped metal part. My Amby/Barn Door set should work out great.
Let me know.
Thanks
SMG

Stainless Steel windshield hinge pins with oil impregnated bronze bushings.

The pins are made from 303 Stainless Steel.

2 pin Windshield set with bushings , $70 shipped.

4 pin Door set with bushings , $140 shipped.

Bronze Bushings are for sale too and will work with stock hinge pins.

12 for $36 shipped

8 for $24 shipped

Please PM me if interested. Please be patient as I have a normal day job. I normally will respond within one day.

Thanks

View attachment 1614791
View attachment 1614792
View attachment 1614795
View attachment 1614793
View attachment 1614794
I am interested in getting a set of the windshield hinge pins. Let me know what i need to do.

Reactions: SMG

Does that give you any idea on how it compares to the barn door hinges?View attachment 2381771

Another satisfied customer!

3558DE91-AEFA-4179-9A37-6D26A2C7244E.jpeg

Thank you, @SMG

Just got my pins in the mail today. Thanks SMG - they look great!

l will post up pics with them once I put my rig back together with them.

Reactions: SMG
I'm interested in a set of door, windshield, and hood pins and bushings for a 74 if you're still selling them.

Thanks!

One of the best things I have done to the 40. Hood is done, barn doors next. Thanks Ste
5E9C8D64-9A21-40DF-90A7-8EB6EEB2B96C.jpeg
ve!
86472E31-F94C-4220-A2C3-80A8A7B3FB2A.jpeg

Need to install my set I got; quite excited to get rid of that hood clunking.
Never saw a good answer on which direction the old pins pop/drive out? Towards the inside of the hood or the outside? Didn't want to drive the old ones further in.

Need to install my set I got; quite excited to get rid of that hood clunking.
Never saw a good answer on which direction the old pins pop/drive out? Towards the inside of the hood or the outside? Didn't want to drive the old ones further in.

It doesn’t really matter which direction you drive them out. You will need to clean up the pin bores because of years of crust and corrosion. Start soaking them with some penatrating oil a day or two before you start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom