Stainless steel brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yomama.net
Who out there in the US has put on the SS brake lines? Just wondering if it is the same procedure that George wrote up. I recall he had to get some washers and he mentions filing part of the connector? That bothers me a little. Any other tips? My speed bleeders just arrived so now I can bleed the system correctly without the help of wife or daughter :-[
I don't know why it is so hard to explain (push it to the floor and hold it there, till I tell you to let up) "ok I pushed it down and let up" :mad: :'( :-X

Yomama

Yo,

The Wulf did stainless lines a few months back and so has Chris Geiger. Chris works at AllPro off road and they offer lines. The wulf can give you specifics re what he used, Chris has not posted in the last week or so.

Dan (with stock rubber hosers) ::)

Yo:
I also did the 3 S/S brake lines. The thin washers were a big help, just as George described. The ID he specified was almost too large, but I didn't have time to search for a smaller (metric?) size. I did not have to file anything down - fit was perfect. Speedbleeders are nice too. I still don't know the size of the bleeder in the proportioning valve, so only have 4 speeders installed. Good luck, BigMac

I have the stainless and used steel washers. Not familiar with Georges write up but I went down to my local Aubichon (sp) hardware store in the screw and things isle and got some "Thrush washers". They come different sizes and thickness so you can get just what you want so it will fit perfect.

Is anyone aware of any SS brake lines that go from the axle to the calipers?
I'm assuming that may have to be a custom job....... ???

I bought the three ones we're talking about, bought the washers too, have yet to put any of it on.

George's write up is buried in the middle of his section concerning J-Springs
http://www.geocities.com/george_tlc/suspension.html

Yomama,

I bought the MAF SS brake lines and used washers on 2 connections. The RF fit was OK without the washer. You'll need thin washers as George described if you use the MAF kit. No filing or grinding was needed when I did mine.

The SS brake line kit that Chris described sounds better than the MAF kit. The All Pro lines are clear plastic shrink wrapped over the SS braid; the MAF lines are bare. In the rear the breather line is close to the brake line and you have to be careful to avoid the braided brake line rubbing through stuff.

Remember to use a 2x4 under the brake pedal when bleeding. Remember to remove the 2x4 after bleeding and before testing. :)

-B-

Mine are "EARLS" SS lines. I purchased them a few years back from TPI. Didn't have to use any washers for them to fit properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom