Stainless Exhaust for the 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@OTRAMM please consider keeping some on hand or easy to source.

I am trying to finish up my project to get my rig to you to do a whole new exhaust and the front oil pump seals.
We've never kept them in stock. They've always been built to order. The shop's too small to keep any kind of meaningful inventory around. I'm keeping all the fixtures in storage so that we can hopefully start again in the future. There's just no feasible way to built them without tripling the price and lead time right now.

Right I remember seeing that on your site.
Good to hear you are keeping the fixtures until things go back normal. I’m working as fast as I can to get to you

I bought the magnaflow y pipe and secondary cat, and let a local performance exhaust shop create the rest, mandrel bent all stainless. It ran around 1200, (plus the cost of magnaflow y pipe and second cat from jegs), but I was very glad I finally did it. I originally ordered the magnaflow bits plus a borla cat back, but the borla kit kept getting backordered. The pacemaker set up looks beautiful but I couldn't get ahold of anyone about purchasing in the states.

I bought the magnaflow y pipe and secondary cat, and let a local performance exhaust shop create the rest, mandrel bent all stainless. It ran around 1200, (plus the cost of magnaflow y pipe and second cat from jegs), but I was very glad I finally did it. I originally ordered the magnaflow bits plus a borla cat back, but the borla kit kept getting backordered. The pacemaker set up looks beautiful but I couldn't get ahold of anyone about purchasing in the states.

Nice! I had a Borla - did not care for the drone. You might have dodged an annoyance by it being back-ordered.

All aftermarket mufflers will have drone as they're high flow and do very little to absorb the noise. Typically they're much smaller than OEM which might be key in absorbing the high frequencies, don't really know. The key is to use a tailpipe resonator to cancel most of the drone. I have a Bosal muffler and it too was noisy until I stuck an oval shaped resonator and it made it oem quiet.

So I just had my mechanic price the oem dealer exhaust and it came back over $6K. Something is very wrong here. Anyone ordered one recently for a reasonable price and ifso from where?

So I just had my mechanic price the oem dealer exhaust and it came back over $6K. Something is very wrong here. Anyone ordered one recently for a reasonable price and ifso from where?
Parts alone from Toyota add up to about $3700 if you buy it right.

Plenty of exhaust threads here, need to search for them for your year.

If 94 and older, go local and have them build it.

It cost me around $1400 AUD from memory to get the factory exhaust for a HZJ80 here in Aus through a dealer about 6 months ago. No cats on that though, just a muffler and resonator. That option came in a bit cheaper than partsouq, but not radically so. I'd price up the cost through partsouq if you're getting quotes close to 4K. I suspect you could get it a lot cheaper through partsouq even with the shipping costs.

Last I checked cruiserparts.com had some of the new oem exhaust bits like tailpipe, muffler, y pipe etc. You may have to call or email as their site can sometimes be difficult to find things on.

If 94 and older, go local and have them build i

If 94 and older, go local and have them build it.

I'm preparing to embark on replacing the exhaust on my 94. Have the VIN specific schematic printed out. Are there un-obtainable 93/94 parts or is it expense of OEM that make you recommend building? Thank you!

I'm preparing to embark on replacing the exhaust on my 94. Have the VIN specific schematic printed out. Are there un-obtainable 93/94 parts or is it expense of OEM that make you recommend building? Thank you!
Unobtanium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom