St Louis

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by krzyabncanuck, Jun 30, 2005.

1. krzyabncanuck

krzyabncanuck USFS HOTSHOT

Ok, I have to ask this.. What is up with that city ? I went thru there twice this last week on my way to pick up a 45 and I tried 3 different highways in that city and they all had MAJOR construction going on , on them. I mean they shut down a 4 lane to a one lane so a bunch of people could stand around and do nothing.

For you all that live there I feel really sorry for , for that reason. I learned that , that is one city i will drive out of my way to go around, no offence to the citizens, just to the leaders of that city. For all of that construction going on there, taxaes must be out of control there.

Ps, In Illinois diesel was 2.55 a gallon and 15 miles down the road in Kansas it was 2.05 a gallon. Just in case anyone needs to know..

Ya'll have a good day...

2. tornadoalleycruiser

tornadoalleycruiser SILVER Star

If you made it from St Louis to Ks in 15 miles you are needing to share..
    I just drove thru St. Louis last weekend.. We skirted the whole city.. had the 40 behind the ferd..

So you stealing our iron? whatsup? Pics? What'd cha find out our way?..

3. paulj

paulj

FWIW; I was born and spent the first half of my life there. Now I live in a city where there are no traffic problems whatsoever. (LOL!) I guess they just have to put all those billions of federal highway money to work somewhere.
    As for as taxes go, the city fathers fixed the boundaries in the early twentieth century, so now all the growth is in the 'burbs with no tax money from it going to the city. Kind of like a death spiral, the more people leave the fewer people to support the tax base. They even have a city earnings tax. Where do you think most people chose to locate their businesses?

4. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    who cares about the construction.... HOW BOUT PICS OF THE 45?

5. Lito

Lito

Oh it's really not always that bad. I live in St. Louis now and yes the roads are in bad shape, and new construction is always going on (usually to make bigger bridges, wider roads, etc) to make room for more cars. I've found that for the most part they try to do the more serious repairs overnight or off-hours. I grew up in Southern California, lived in San Francisco, San Jose, and Seattle, and I'll take the traffic here over those any day.

6. Cards81fan

Cards81fan

Hey, ask thouse people out in Joplin, Springfield, Cape Girardeau, Lebanon... how they feel about their roads and how they like the Lou' and their roads and new baseball stadium :p ;)

The GF grew up in Arnold and South County so we are up there a few times a year.
    Go Cards! (and Rockies, my #2 team)!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.