Ssc 1993/1994 land cruiser o2 sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you have a good luck with NTK sensors you installed. I also installed an NTK sensor from Rockauto on the right side (Bank 1) about a year ago and it was working ok. Now, the left side sensor went bad and I replaced it with another NTK, but this time it does not work properly. The engine runs weak and it takes time to rev up. I also get ECL ON (code 28) after driving a few miles. I'm wondering if the NTK is incompatible in bank 2. I swapped two sensors (left and right) and I still get the code 28. I like to go with Toyota parts, but Toyota discontinued all O2 sensors for 94 Land Cruisers.

As an owner of a '94 myself, I feel bad for the chunk of change you are about to spend on o2 sensors, which are different for 93-94. Denso, Toyota, or forget it. Bosch is a 4 letter word around here. NGK gets muttered about in the shadows.
[/QUOTE]

I also have a 94 and I'm wondering if your comment is from your experience. I'm having some issues with newly installed NGK o2 sensor in bank 2. Is it possible that NGK is not fully compatible?

As an owner of a '94 myself, I feel bad for the chunk of change you are about to spend on o2 sensors, which are different for 93-94. Denso, Toyota, or forget it. Bosch is a 4 letter word around here. NGK gets muttered about in the shadows.

I also have a 94 and I'm wondering if your comment is from your experience. I'm having some issues with newly installed NGK o2 sensor in bank 2. Is it possible that NGK is not fully compatible?
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have info on this? I just went to my shop for 02 sensors and they said denso is what you are supposed to replace with. After reading this Im quite confused. 1993 LC (with rebuilt 97 engine, still OBD1)

Are you getting some error codes? I purchased a Denso sensor(234-4520) as well as NTK's(NTK24044 and NTK24080) and one from Toyota 89465-69125. Although the Denso sensor came in a Denso box, the sensor inside the box had the "NTK" stamp on it. I returned it but I believe it was the NTK24044. I'm not sure which sensor I have currently installed but the NTK24080 in bank 2 gives me the error code 25.

Are you getting some error codes? I purchased a Denso sensor(234-4520) as well as NTK's(NTK24044 and NTK24080) and one from Toyota 89465-69125. Although the Denso sensor came in a Denso box, the sensor inside the box had the "NTK" stamp on it. I returned it but I believe it was the NTK24044. I'm not sure which sensor I have currently installed but the NTK24080 in bank 2 gives me the error code 25.
I have 26. I've been chasing it down for a year now.

Unlike NTK parts, the Denso part had a Toyota stamp and part number on it as well as a NTK stamp. You can see them in attached pictures. A Rockauto sales suggested that I should use a Denso also. Although Denso O2 sensors for 94's are made by NTK (NGK), there may be some differences. I'm not 100% sure if this part had NTK24044 on it.
20200915_141950[1].jpg
20200915_142629[1].jpg
20200915_142429[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom