SR-5 Wheels for 1986 4-Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to find some SR-5 Wheels for my Runner. I would like the 16" version that was used on the early 80 series Cruiser. Will these fit on my Runner?

SR-5 Wheel.jpg

What about the width of the wheel, backset, etc Are they the same?

Last edited:
I would like the 16" version that was used on the early 80 series Cruiser. Will these fit on my Runner?

Many 80 fellas dump the alloy for steel. You might post up in Classifieds and ask.

Ya I don't remember those ever being 16"

4runner rims came with offset 8 on the rims and the LC are offset 10 from what I can remember. The only way to find out is mount it on the front and see if it hits anything. Lug are the same I think.

IIRC from my old 3FE Powa Wagon, those FJ80 alloys were 15x7.

That might be true for the 3FE-FJ80, but I'm pretty sure the FZJ80 was 16". From tires.com:
fzj80.jpg

I scrapped a set of those ugly things like 7 years ago. One of the best things I ever did for my 4runner.

So the word is the SR-5
Wheels used on Cruisers were actually 15" wheels?

I really like that style of wheel, but would like it in a 16" wheel for the Runner. Lots of room in the wheel wells. Also I have a set of BFG tires that I could put on them from my Cruiser. Then buy a new set of BFG's for the Cruiser.

My 4rnnr came with those wheels and I really would've liked to have found them in 16" so that I could run a 235/85R16 tire for a "stock" look, but after extensive looking never have.

My 4rnnr came with those wheels and I really would've liked to have found them in 16" so that I could run a 235/85R16 tire for a "stock" look, but after extensive looking never have.

I am checking around now. I may not have any luck either. But I am going to 16" something.

I gave up and started looking at OEM Toyota 16" and 17" wheels instead. Truck needed tires though so all of that came to a halt and used the wheels that I have. Next round of upgrades might see a wheels & tire size change.

I'd have liked to run that tire size, I just didn't want to lift it high enough to do so.

It was those wheels that I had started to look for a set of at a decent price when I had to move on just tires.

IFS wheels for Toyota 4x4s that are 6 lug all have the 4.75" backspacing and are 6x5.5 lug pattern. You'd be fine trying to fit a solid axle wheel on your rig a FZJ80 is a 3.75" backspace. I'd try just dry-fitting the wheel without a tire first. If you have larger calipers that may be an issue as well. Be sure to actually bolt the wheels down flat to the hub to be sure. Then you still may have running depending on tire size.

I run the "W" 16x8 FZJ80 alloys with 315/75×16s (35s) on my stock solid axle 85 4Runner but I have v6 calipers and the wheels rub without spacers. The tires hit the frame even with the steering stops adjusted out slightly.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom