squeeling clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 84 fj60, with original tranny/trans/clutch

recently on start up and when the engine is not warmed up, if i hold the clutch down for more than a few seconds a hi pitch skretching/squeeling/squawking sound comes beneith my seat.

after it warms up i never hear it again. also it only does it at low rpms.

is this the first signs of a dieing clutch???:confused: :censor:

Kyle

dying throw out bearing...

Replace the clutch at the same time.

Mine had a really high pitch whine, but that was only when the clutch pedal was pushed in. The clutch was worn out. Yours may just be starting to tell you it needs replacing. Mine had 182,000 miles and definitely needed replacing.

Throw out bearing is only engaged when you step on the clutch. It is the interface between the clutch fork and the clutch "fingers"

The can squeal for a while and be okay or they can lock up and cause a LOT of noise ;)

Typically, the damage done when a TO bearing siezes up is not catastrophic. But can look very ugly..

My friggin clutch fingers squeek when I push the pedal down...friggin annoying. I tryed white lith grease tonight but nothin changed :(

the clutch set up is new...and it only squeeks while pushing in the pedal while the truck is off or on.

lowtideride said:
My friggin clutch fingers squeek when I push the pedal down...friggin annoying. I tryed white lith grease tonight but nothin changed :(

the clutch set up is new...and it only squeeks while pushing in the pedal while the truck is off or on.
It just likes the action...

:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom