squeaky windshield and front end clunk? (not d-line) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It sounds like my windshield is moving around in the rubber mount...anyone else?....fix?
Also I have some clunking in the front end...worst when there is side to side motion such as driving over the dip into a parking lot (at the mall of course) at an angle. Track bar seems tight. Let me know which front end component goes first. (126K)

Cable,
Have you tested the front wheel bearings? Lift a wheel, grab at 12 and 6 and give it a hard shake. You want no movement.
-B-

Has new shocks, I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they are tight, and the pass side wheel bearing was a little loose...not enought to make any noise though. I guess I willl have to use the process of elimination...
Thanks

You might check the center plastic lug nut covers, they can get loose and make a clunking type noise. Just a thought?

Cable,
Since you have 126k you are long overdue for knuckle bearings. Have those been replaced? They could be worn and causing the clunk noise when hitting dips.
-B-

Turned out to be the shocks. Upper bushing on the new KYB's was floating in the hole at the top of the shock tower. 1/4 :banana: job. Thanks for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom