squeaky passenger side door panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2005 LC 100's passenger side door panel started to squeak and it is annoying me, is it hard to remove the panel and re-attach? Are they snapped on since I don't see any screws other than buttons that look like could be hiding the attachments. Has anyone done any fix for a similar problem?

You can search for a door lock actuator replacement thread. That should have the door panel removal process.

Felt tape is your friend. Find the areas where it's squeaking, pull off the door panel, then insulate the squeaky areas with the felt tape. For me, the hardest part about getting the door panel off was removing the trim ring around the door handle, it takes a minute to figure out how it's attached.

@phatdragon, I spent a year attending San Juan College in the late 90s, that's a pretty cool town you live in.

Felt tape is your friend. Find the areas where it's squeaking, pull off the door panel, then insulate the squeaky areas with the felt tape. For me, the hardest part about getting the door panel off was removing the trim ring around the door handle, it takes a minute to figure out how it's attached.

@phatdragon, I spent a year attending San Juan College in the late 90s, that's a pretty cool town you live in.

We really enjoy it and the access to the San Juans and Laplata mountain ranges. It's grown quite a lot in the last 20 years as well. The off-road community and outdoor recreation especially. Tons of good wheeling here from scenic to hardcore crawling. Hit me up if you ever come back to the area.

I recently had front door speakers re-foamed and removed the panels. Not too bad but can be tricky. Be sure to stay organized with order of operations and materials. Unfortunately, now the passenger side door creaks/squeaks. Apparently, I missed a step or didn’t get it all set correctly. Will try to reset or try the felt tape method mentioned by @agingfleet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom