Squeaks on the front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, been driving with my windows down a bunch more as of late. The squeaks coming from my front end are killing me. It happens over every single bump, it happens any time I turn the wheel also. Are there certain things I should be looking for or should I just start replacing all bushings on the front end?

Get a mechanic's stethoscope (like $5 at HF), get under your truck and place it on things while someone turns the wheel or cycles the suspension. Replacing everything without isolating what's causing the noise is a shotgun and expensive approach.

Wonder if it’s your ball joints? If you Google ball joint squeaks you will be able to tell if that’s what it is… it’s very obvious when they start going bad. At least it was for me

Make sure the wheels center caps are on secure. I've added double sided 3M tape to mine to prevent the squeaks when driving over stuff

Up and down noises, coupled with side to side noise while turning is ball joint symptoms.

If aftermarket, grease them. If OEM, inspect them and replace if needed.

Make sure the wheels center caps are on secure. I've added double sided 3M tape to mine to prevent the squeaks when driving over stuff
Yeah mine did that too, but it sounded like a rock in the tire or something. Adding tape would have been a cheaper solution. I bought new wheels to eliminate the center cap noise :rofl:

could be your sway bar bushings. i'd spray them good with a lubricant or even armor all. go drive to see if the noise goes away. If that solves your problem, then you'll need to regrease them or even replace them. hope this is your issue since its the cheapest replacement haha.

Can you recreate the squeak in park with someone bouncing up and down on truck? This will help you narrow it down.

Ball joints and suspension parts tends to creak like a barn door. High pitch mouse squeaks can be caused by a number of other things and are harder to chase down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom