SQUEAKING IDLER / TENSIONER PULLEY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I have a 03 100 series 4.7 V8 and either the idler pulley, or belt tensioner pulley are squeaking when cold.

I have seen online that I can buy the pulley only for each and replace both of these (rather than the whole tensioner)

Has anyone done it?

Any pitfalls or info you can share would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have a 03 100 series 4.7 V8 and either the idler pulley, or belt tensioner pulley are squeaking when cold.

I have seen online that I can buy the pulley only for each and replace both of these (rather than the whole tensioner)

Has anyone done it?

Any pitfalls or info you can share would be great.

Thanks in advance.

NSK idler pulley from Amazon and Litens tensioner pulley from Advanced Auto (I read somewhere that Litens was the OE tensioner supplier). I did both recently and no issues so far.

You may or may not be able to swap pulleys. They changed designs on tensioners from what were originally on a lot of LCs. The later style little pulley won't fit on the old style bigger tensioner at all. IF you have the early style tensioner with the big pulley, you may be stuck changing the entire tensioner (a bigger job than you think), or taking the big pulley off and seeing if you can find a bearing to swap into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom