Squeaking bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluecruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought my ARB bull bar used...it did not come with instructions or the hardware but it was easy to figure out and get bolts that fit. I have checked and double checked all the bolts, but when I go over small bumps (like train track crossings) there is a squeaking that sounds like it has to be the bumper. I have already hose clamped my catalytic convertors thinking that was the squeak.

Were there any rubber insulators or anything included with the bumpers that maybe I did not get? Or can you guys think of anything else that might squeak on small bumps.

I can go over curbs (just to test out the squeak) and there is no noise. Just small bumps....very annoying...

thanks

my rear suspension squeaks on little annoying bumps...still dont know what the cause is after a year.

There are bolts between the fender and the upper part of the bumper (the wings), aft of the corner lamps. The bumper is possibly rubbing on the head of one of those bolts.

I checked the bolts and there is plenty of clearance so I do not think that is where the squeaking is coming from.

I will take more suggestions on places to look, the noise is annoying!!

thanks

Do you know of a way to check bushings? Do they need greased? The truck has 136000 miles.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom