Squeak/Clang/Rattle when going over bumps - SOLVED FINALLY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formulaonehd

NWZ - The storm is here
Threads
Alright i finally bit the bullet and decided to replace the whole park/hand brake system as the noise going over bumps was driving me crazy. I know a few here were having the same issues and some said they pulled the brake up a click and it would go away, lending itself to definitely be park/hand brake related and not shocks or worn bushes somewhere like many would point to.

In any case i tackled the Toyota Brake Puzzle and pulled the million springs, clips and moving parts out (OTTRAM vid on youtube was a godsend). its not as hard as it looks, just take a few pics before pulling it out. The two spring loaded retaining pins where a PITA with awkward position to push from behind the rotor guard and then push and twist 90deg to lock in place.

But noise has gone away , bell cranks were working fine and the brake now even works! If you havent already replaced yours, i suggest just do it and watch the OTTRAM vid for help if need be. Having a working brake is great and easily done in a couple of hours if you are handy on the tools.

Nice work! It is always nice to eliminate those annoying noises.

Time for some rally driving, Scandinavian style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom