Squat.....don’t judge me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It won't hurt anything. Personally I think it would just be cooler to pull up in a fully lifted big tired fj40. Don't forget to lower your bumpstops when you install a lift kit.
Ye I’m lifting it fully after a few days, I’m mostly doing it to parody a lot of truck in my high school lot haha

I'd rather walk than show up anywhere in a rig leaning like that.

At this point in your thread, maybe you should set up a poll of some kind to help you decide if this is something you really want to do! :meh:

At this point in your thread, maybe you should set up a poll of some kind to help you decide if this is something you really want to do! :meh:
I want to do it and I’m gonna enjoy it whether I like it or not :flipoff2:

My first ride in a 40 was a mid-late 70s shackle-reversal SOA with second-hand 35x12" BFG All-Terrains. Saginaw steering, 2F, Muncie 4-speed, Detroits front and rear, rocker panels chopped high, 4-pt harnesses. No top, no doors; mid-October. College days, back in the 90's; garnered female attention, at least at the dormitory. We went out to a trail that actually justified such capability, called, 'waterfall' in Rio Puerco south of I-40, IIRC. The flex on that was unreal, leaf springs not really curved on a level surface. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon doing real rock crawling, with a large group of other rigs, pinched between two walls in a slot-canyon. Alternator died on the trail, rode home next to a toolbag in the back of an other topless 40 so that I didn't have to spend another night in the cold desert without a tent. Amazing rig, just a couple carbon brushes that were a bit too short.

Every time I see a truck with a lift kit, nine out of ten times, I think, that's not a suspension.

Anyway, I'll buy your old stock springs, if your rig is before 8/80.

My first ride in a 40 was a mid-late 70s shackle-reversal SOA with second-hand 35x12" BFG All-Terrains. Saginaw steering, 2F, Muncie 4-speed, Detroits front and rear, rocker panels chopped high, 4-pt harnesses. No top, no doors; mid-October. College days, back in the 90's; garnered female attention, at least at the dormitory. We went out to a trail that actually justified such capability, called, 'waterfall' in Rio Puerco south of I-40, IIRC. The flex on that was unreal, leaf springs not really curved on a level surface. Spent a good chunk of the afternoon doing real rock crawling, with a large group of other rigs, pinched between two walls in a slot-canyon. Alternator died on the trail, rode home next to a toolbag in the back of an other topless 40 so that I didn't have to spend another night in the cold desert without a tent. Amazing rig, just a couple carbon brushes that were a bit too short.

Every time I see a truck with a lift kit, nine out of ten times, I think, that's not a suspension.

Anyway, I'll buy your old stock springs, if your rig is before 8/80.
It will probably be a few months before I lift it, I need the freedom of time (summer) and I’m gonna put in AC first because it gets super hot in NC so plan is AC 1st, lift next

You know your old when you have to google slang to understand what was said. I did.

Carolina Squat:flipoff2:
IMG_8405.jpg

You should put some of those truck nutz on your 40 when you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom