Spyderco Knives (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spike Strip

Goblin Mode Activated
SILVER Star
Threads
FWIW, thought I'd just post for any Cruiser Heads that want a cheap folder-knife for their BOB .

EBAY LINK

I was surprised at the quality of the knife, smooth opening action, sharp, etc - Says 'Made in Japan', though for the price one could speculate they're prolly ersatz. ;)

Anyway, for the price....

FWIW, thought I'd just post for any Cruiser Heads that want a cheap folder-knife for their BOB .

EBAY LINK

I was surprised at the quality of the knife, smooth opening action, sharp, etc - Says 'Made in Japan', though for the price one could speculate they're prolly ersatz. ;)

Anyway, for the price....

Gotta be a knock-off, but for the price..... make a good backup. Wouldn't be to hurt if it got lost. I love my Spyderco knives.

The "Police" is anywhere from 129.00-199.00 most places.

Police™ Model Stainless Steel - Spyderco, Inc.

"Free ePacket delivery from China"

That kind of says it all. That ain't no Spyderco! It's a Chynerco!

LOL!

Probably, but it doesn't feel like a cheap knife. Feels like the small SS spyderco I have...

:meh:

Makes me think of a Corb Lund tune.

As an alternative with a story: I lost too many good knives, for some reason they tend to fall out of my pocket if it ain't tethered to me somehow, I ended up hearing of a sale that goes on once or twice a year at the airport, all the pocket knives that folks forget till they get to security they could drop in a bin that would donate to a chapel somewhere in the airport, and they would sell off cheap but used pocket knives. I picked up half a dozen swiss army knives, and another half dozen other knives (small swiss knives, fat ass ones and some other models).

They were about $5-$8 a piece. I threw them in a pot of a boiling water to clean them good, sharpened them up, gave a few away and ordered the flint firefly (fire starter) for a few of them.

Firefly - The Ultimate Swiss Army Knife Accessory

This one ain't fancy, I keep it in my bike bag "pannier", I really shouldn't have am expensive knife with the way I seem to loose them.

IMG_0613.JPG

If nothing else, it'll open a wine bottle. My dad still prefers his swiss blade for skinning moose over others, he does like the havalon piranta's too though, or at least when he dulls his blade on the hide.

Last edited:
That's the only reason I bought this knife (bought two), even though I don't lose stuff often, my knives have a habit of disappearing, and I'm tired of replacing expensive ones, even the cheaper Kershaw.

The ones above are too large and prolly not legal (in CA) for an EDC, but if you're after a smaller EDC, this is a great knife for the money: LINK

Anyway, very happy with these and just putting it out there for MUD while they're still available.

Cheers.

Police model been my favorite for years. For the size it actually carry's pretty nice/light. I ordered two for the hell of it. Thanks

Also just looked it up spyderco also produces made in china knives. So they could be spydies? The contractors over there care little about copyrights Just look at what has happened to the carbon fiber bike industry...

Best knives out there IMO. I've been rocking a plain blade "POLICE" model for almost 9 years. best knife I have owned. Second best would be my "RESCUE" models. super durable knives and stay sharp for a long time

My EDC is a Strider SNG - hands down the best folding knives under 4" but they are pricey
My next best EDC is my Spyderco PM2.
I had Sebenzas, ZeroTolerance, and many other brands, these 2 are my top choices.
5gm9y5y.jpg

picture of my Strider SNG in action....lol
Good enough to cut steak and skin animals, good enough for me in my book.
ApgcrxH.jpg

Book?

My fav. Spyderco knives is the PM2 It has been my EDC for the past 5 yrs along side my Strider. Strider still my fav. but for everyday use, cannot beat the PM2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom