spur of the moment run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where's Queen Valley and maybe Sunday instead?

Queen Valley is east of Florence Jct. on 60 left turn before the RR tracks and you're in the general area. Lots of good senic trails . I can't do this sunday, doing the "family thing" for my B-day. Maybe next Sunday Oct. 1 ?

kinda undoes the "spur of the momment", but sure, sounds good - so long as not too early - 9:30ish by the Basha's in Gold Canyon?

9:30 is O.K. by me .Maybe by next sunday there will be more interest from others as well.But even if it's just the two of us it will be better than sittin' at home.

9:30 is O.K. by me .Maybe by next sunday there will be more interest from others as well.But even if it's just the two of us it will be better than sittin' at home.
Howdy! I'm working all weekend this week, but maybe next weekend, if you want to do another scouting run out there. I know Hewitt Canyon pretty well, but there are a lot of other trails in the area. John

I'm still up for a Sunday run. Are we on? Anyone want to join us?

That's what I was kinda thinkin' but it all depends on what is decided at the meeting place on Sunday morning. There,s a ton of trails out in the area so I'm really up for any thing.

That's what I was kinda thinkin' but it all depends on what is decided at the meeting place on Sunday morning. There,s a ton of trails out in the area so I'm really up for any thing.
Howdy! I just ran that one 3 weeks ago. Really nice, and pretty easy, good run for FJC's. The main trail from Reavis Ranch house east to Oak Flats, on the U.S. 60, has massive erosion due to a bad burn recently. We walked up it a ways, and decided to head due south back into Superior and check out the Dairy Queen. I would love to wander around up in that area and see were some of the other trails go. Wish I wasn't working all weekend so I could go up there again. John

Run Photos

Hey! I'm glad I made it. I had a great time. We had some wonderful scenery and great weather. Took a few pictures, some of which actually turned out OK.

Great Scenery:
IMG_0522.jpg

Saguaros and Mike in his FJ40:
IMG_0523.jpg

View from near the top of the trail:
IMG_0524.jpg

FJ Cruiser behind me:
IMG_0526.jpg

Bill in his 40, with his leg outside?:
IMG_0527.jpg

Sharp switchback:
IMG_0528.jpg

Stone Cabin in the canyon:
IMG_0530.jpg

Looking back up the wash at Mike and Bill:
IMG_0531.jpg

- Craig

Last edited:
Whipp wheels?

HEHEHEHE!

Had to throw that one at ya. You've been a member how long now? And this is the first time I can recall you being on a trail run. Good to see it though! Congrats on the stripes. Tell the wife it's a badge of honor.

HEHEHEHE!

Had to throw that one at ya. You've been a member how long now? And this is the first time I can recall you being on a trail run. Good to see it though! Congrats on the stripes. Tell the wife it's a badge of honor.

It'll be a year at the October meeting.

No worries from the Mrs., though she joked that the new antenna will come out of the "sliders fund".

Yes, Whipp Wheels (I see new screen name potential), and here's two pix to prove it.

And, judging by the company he keeps, he did suprisingly little damage:D .
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom