Sprung over - Now with added Weight. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
Sprung over 60 on 37s. Just added a bunch of weight to the rear and a roof rack and over 75 mph or so it’s starting to bob back and forth like it’s at a concert. If I time it right to the music it’s funny. Doesn’t feel out of control just loose. Any suggestions on a remedy that won’t have a big impact on the trails?

Sway bar with quick disconnects?

I would call bilstein and ask what valving they suggest. They helped me make the final decision on my valving. I’ve got a tire carrier rear and 005 leafs. It has never felt anything but composed and I recently added a 62 rear sway bar that really made it even better.

100% stiffer shocks. Bilstein 5125s are pretty soft for a 60 with stockish springs imo, but you can get stiffer valved shocks from bilstein (7100s) or from a few other manufacturers.

So I guess now I’ll need to learn suspension geometry to figure out which length shocks I should get?

It’s really easy. Just find a place to flex the truck and measure. That’s all I did.

stiffer shocks or airbags can be a nice option as well

Would airbags reduce sway, by way of stiffening the suspension? I feel like that would help with the weight, but shocks (or a FJ62 rear sway bar) would be the better solution to correct the sway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom