Springs? Rates,& Lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All, I recently got a mini vacation from work and Im planning some repairs and maybe some add ons?
The repairs will be the front end rebuild bearings, seals, and birfields and some rust repair

On to my question? I am wanting new springs, I have seen OME, TJM, ect. I am having trouble with the spring rates and advertised lift height. Some company advertise the OME as a 2" others a 2.5", if I go on the OME website they say 50mm (= 1.9") and then the spring rates...

The vehicle is a 1991 250K , In stock form, basic DD, light off road, will going back and forth to camp all winter!

Im wanting a small lift, that will ride nice (if possible? my daily truck is a Ram Diesel and rides meh, so I guess anything is an improvement)

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tires are 31x10.5x15 BFG, I was thinking about 16" wheels but they seem to roll out at the same size?

Last edited:
850j front spings and 860 rears from ome with caster correction bushings. Rides tight but still smooth and comfortable.

How much lift do you want? What type of clearance for tires do you need?

If you want a small lift and keep you're tires, you can probated away with a stock height replacement from OME as it'll net a little bit of lift. Otherwise, go the next step up.

I wanted to clear 33's with a good bit of fender space and went 850/860 coils

A 2" lift seems reasonable...
I was also thinking New OME stock height and spacers? Would there be any difference?
Is it a 50mm lift and the other claimed half inch old spring sag?
I was looking to get a set of 16" wheels and tires... I did the roll out on a 31x15 and a 275x16 (common size) and they are close, other than stepping up to a 16" wheel, I see no gain?
If I did a 2" lift would I fit in a parking garage? My Dodge Ram(stock)will not, but it has a Trac Rack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom