Springover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a stock 81 FJ40. I would like to increase ground clearance by moving the springs above the axles. My questions are: how will this affect my steering setup and how do I compensate this problem, and are there any problems that I don't know about but should consider before starting this project? I am a 2 bananna guy.

http://www.ih8mud.com/cruisertech.php

left column, spring over axle section, FIRST article by Andre....then go back and read the other 10ish links there....

then, return with questions.... ;)

(oh, and welcome! :flipoff2: )

has been beat to death, your new so we'll let it slide,

not

DO A SEARCH!!!!

it might be a more than a 2 banana project. but well worth it, i just finished my soa about 2 months ago.

priceless

Read as many on-line articles as you can. I would also highly recomend you contact the local TLCA chapter or other Land Cruiser Club. I am 100% positive somebody there has done this, probably most. You can look at thier setup(s) and get a better idea of how it works than any amount of web pictures.

mpguy said:
I have a stock 81 FJ40. I would like to increase ground clearance by moving the springs above the axles. My questions are: how will this affect my steering setup and how do I compensate this problem, and are there any problems that I don't know about but should consider before starting this project? I am a 2 bananna guy.

Crossover steering
Cut and turn
Driveshafts
Extended brake lines

Just to name a few. ;)

Welcome NewB! Search function is your friend.

:beer:

way to scare him off hawk, we were trying to get him to do soa and get half way through and then he would be in too deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom