1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spring to do list

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by 5280Hawk, Mar 1, 2007.

1. 5280Hawk

5280Hawk

Now that March is here. In a few weeks I'll be able to start working on my rig again. Snow is almost melted!!!

Here's what i Got in store for my 60 this Spring/Summer not necessarily in this order!

1. Clutch replacement -- SOR kit.
    2. Greasable anti inversion shackles
    3. SS brake lines
    4. 4 Runner Calipers switch out
    5. Cat back exhaust replacement
    6. steering wheel alignment

I can't wait!

2. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

Does the 2F run the same exh manifolds as the 3F, the dual manifolds? Are you going to make your own exhaust system or is there an aftermarket cat back available. I have looked some for a system and so far, to no avail. If it has dual mans, are you going to run dual exhaust, or single 3"? Sorry to ask so many q's, just trying to find out because exhaust is on my next mods and I can't decide which way to go, duals or single 3. Thanks.

3. 5280Hawk

5280Hawk

Not really sure, at this point.

I think i may just replace everything exactly how it is from the Catylitic converter back, because it is completely shot.

You can buy an OE exhaust from SOR, but I think I'll probably just take it to a Midas or something and have them give it a new muffler and bend the pipes. I'm not really lookinf or more power this way. It just needs replacement.

I know you can buy a Header for the 2f's and 3-F's as well, and if you're in an area with no Smog Regs, you can petty much do what you want from there.

4. grime

grime

lucky you I made a similar list the other day and its like 3xs that... oh well. That's all part of the fun.

Spring time couldn't come faster for this florida transplant living in Boston.

5. mtb_rider

mtb_rider

I know about the headers, I was leaning towards cat back for ease and cost. We do have smog regs here on everything '74 and older, they just call it DEQ (Department of Environmental Quality). There are a number of areas around here that don't, mostly the more rural areas, I just don't live in one. When the time comes I will probably just make an exh. system, or take it to an exhaust shop and have them do it. But I have a bender and welders available to me, so I think it could be fun to do my own.

6. 5280Hawk

5280Hawk

Oh don't worry!. That's not even close to all of the things the my rig needs, or that i want to do to it. It's just all the things that i have saved up for in my budget right now for this spring/summer!

Since i can't afford a Frame-off restoration. Im doing the next best thing. Im trying to Restore this thing from the "Ground up" . First Chassie/undercarriage/suspension/front and rear end, then Motor/Tranny T-case, then Body, then eventually interior, and then Upgrades like Bumper and Wich, Wheels & tires, etc.

7. RredFJ40

RredFJ40

2Fs and 3FEs have different heads that take different intake and exhaust manifolds. The stock 2F manifold is a 6 into 1. Headers for the 2F come in either a 1 piece 6 into 1 or a 2 piece 6-2-1.