Spring Over Lift questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi i have a 74 fj40. and i want to make her bigger, i went to a local garage and asked how much it would be to do the job and they told me btwn 300. and 350. they have done spring overs b4 and they lift many vehicles from jeeps to blazers and broncos. The only thing they asked me was if anyone knew what had to be done for steering on the cruiser. There might be a chance that i could get the power steering from a scout but its not a sure thing. could anyone offer advice on doing this type of lift and what i am going to run into with the steering. and will i need to buy any other parts besides spring perches ubolts and shocks?

Thankyou
Charlie

i just may be kicking a dead horse but have you read the springover articles that are in the tech section of this website? great info , just a thought . oh yea you'll need longer brake lines good luck

I read the tech articles. I was just looking for some more insight.

Charlie,
How much more insight are you looking for. I basically wrote an FAQ thing : http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/soa60.html
that should answer most of your questions.

BTW, Broncos had coil springs. SOA doesn't apply. And $350 would barely cover the materials, so my suggestion would be to run away from that shop.

$2500-$3500 is more in the ballpark for a REPUTABLE shop. You could do it on your own for between $500-$800, depending on the approach you took.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom