Spring options for HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

goodtwin

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey, so what are my options for stock spring height for my 1986 HJ60?
My springs are toast. I wanna keep it at a roughly stock height. Not really into the look of lifts anymore. I want a stock look.
Although I agree a good lift will probably ride nice or better than what came stock.

Anyway, I've dug through a good amount of posts but I don't know what to think.
If I can't be talked out of it, I am leaning toward getting a kit from @cruiseroutfit
I just don't want it to be too tall. I don't wanna buy new tires or re-gear because I had to get bigger tires to make it look right....ya know one thing can lead to another.

I've already done the lift and offroad thing. Years ago. Done with that. Now I just want my cruiser to get me from point A to point B in some kind of comfort and have that 4 wheel drive if and when I need it.

Hey, so what are my options for stock spring height for my 1986 HJ60?
My springs are toast. I wanna keep it at a roughly stock height. Not really into the look of lifts anymore. I want a stock look.
Although I agree a good lift will probably ride nice or better than what came stock.

Anyway, I've dug through a good amount of posts but I don't know what to think.
If I can't be talked out of it, I am leaning toward getting a kit from @cruiseroutfit
I just don't want it to be too tall. I don't wanna buy new tires or re-gear because I had to get bigger tires to make it look right....ya know one thing can lead to another.

I've already done the lift and offroad thing. Years ago. Done with that. Now I just want my cruiser to get me from point A to point B in some kind of comfort and have that 4 wheel drive if and when I need it.

You won't go wrong with Cruiser Outfitters. Talk them through what you are trying to do and I will bet they can get you a setup you will like. I went with OME 2.5 with them and thought it turned out great. I got bigger tires and all the things most folks do but I don't think it looks too tall or 'lifted'. I told Kurt "I want it stock looking but fit 33's". I think he nailed it. I can tell you it transformed the trucks drivability. Had stock worn out springs and shocks like you. Thing wandered all over the road. After knuckle rebuild and the springs/shocks, it drives like a new truck. I thought the gearing and tire combo would screw things up for me, but its absolutely been the best setup and the best money spent on this truck to date. I definitely understand the wanting to keep it stock looking and am pretty much done with the off-roading thing myself. But talk to Kurt and crew and I bet they can get you right where you want to be. HTH.

IMG_4752.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg
IMG_4851.jpg
IMG_5145.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom