Spring mounts and extended shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, does anyone out there have some pics of their custom extended shackles and spring mounts with spacers between the frame? I think it was Crushers that has used this setup numerous times, and I am also wondering if the 2" spacer is the size to go with. Currently my 73 has fairly flat springs, and I am just looking for a little more height. Am also wondering if the axles should be shimmed to adjust for pinion angle? Any suggestions would be great...

:)

if you go 3" spacer welded to the frame between stock mount and frame MUST BE VERTICLE DROP.
and 3" longer shackles then you do not need caster shims.
the result is a VERY smooth ride and a true 3" lift over what you have now...
in hindsight i would have done this to "tractor" instead of the belton lift and longer shackles...
<this is not saying this proceedure is legal (call your local inspection shop and notify your insurance company of the mods) and if you do the lift it is at your own risk. just covering my ass legally>

Thanks for the reply Wayne... wow, no shims, that makes it pretty easy. I did do this mod to my old 40 after I had seen it on alot of your rigs ( yes, I copied ), and it seemed to ride pretty decent. I did however have to make shims from a block of aluminum to get the rear shaft at a decent angle. Thats great though if I dont need to with my 73. So the key is to make sure the drop is completely vertical? Have you ever done this to a 70 series with the Jeep add a leafs as well? I guess this would be the right time to get new bushings, any suggestions as to where to get them?

Wow, thats alot of questions, but I appreciate it. Thanks! :)

i would not run both the leafs and the blocks...if you are going that high then go SOA and be done with it...

oh, and if you are runnign 35s or bigger rubber you will want to relocate the front centering pin ahead 1" to clear the rear fender rub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom