Events/Trails Spring Camping Trip to Black Rock 6/5-7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am happy to guide everyone with some stops about the historical points of interest. Those and the beauty of the canyon make this a truly wonderful trip. Ok if your for sure stuck on going thru HRC on Sunday then you should change the meet time at Brunos to sometime in the afternoon. 3:00 would be good like your suggestion. That being said, this also could be run on Saturday with a meet at Brunos on Friday PM.

Thanks Mark! You are now the ordained trailboss for this run! I am not stuck on doing anything anytime. I suspect Friday might limit who can make it though. I can make it Friday by 3PM, but I don't know about others. If we do Friday and Saturday night, then we would camp at the slab table Friday night and Steven's Camp on Saturday night and drive home Sunday morning/afternoon?

Danielle is still working Fridays until 5, so more than likely we'll be up early Saturday and on our way to a meeting point, whatever it ends up being.

Ok, I'll be the lead on this but I want to be called the Wagonmaster since we will be on the historic Applegate-Lassen pioneer trail;). So what does everyone think for a meet time at Brunos? 1:00 2:00 or 3:00. Since it is Saturday I can make anytime. It just depends on folks being able to get there from distance traveling and how early we want to get to camp. I have never done it but some people might like to run on the Playa. It can be touch and go this time of year. I think we should plan on a fire since I will be doing dutch oven and it does get chili up there at night this time of year. So bring wood or charcoal for your needs.

So we should be back to "Social Distancing" if the Gov. is true to his word. No more "Shelter in Place":bounce:. Bring what makes you comfortable with the current situation, we don't want to be lax but I truly think it is safe to venture out of our shelters and have some fun.

Hope your driveshaft comes in LelandEOD! Good choice on Woods. My rear shaft is a woody also and has been perfect for 10 years. They serviced it 2 years ago. I am pretty hard on it. I am murder on the rubber spline cover.:doh:

Will and Dan, hope you guys decide to come. We could put another epic BBCNN run in the books.

Still deciding on whether to bring the 40 or the p/u. That's a lot of miles in a Cruiser. Done it before and was survivable but you feel it when your done. Like riding a horse for two days.

I am good with 3PM "Wagonmaster" ;)

Can we get those who plan on going to roger up here on this thread? I'd like a head/rig count.

I got my Gazelle T4 today! Setup in 90 seconds...

1588886041743.png

96Wx96Lx76H

We will bring our little portable fire pit and fire wood but we have a little "Party Grill" for cooking that runs off propane we will be bringing to cook on.

I thank you but it's highly doubtful you have anything that would work. The H55 and split case is a good deal longer than anything the -40s came with. I need a shaft that's 33" long with a 2.375"x2.375" flange on the transfer end and a 2.75"x2.375" flange on the differential side.

I shipped it back today, so if they receive it on Monday and ship it back on Tuesdays, there's a change I may have it by Friday.

Hi everyone I am planning on coming and have invited my son and two grandsons at this point they are ago that's for you Tony the headcount if I understand right we will camp on Saturday night and then drive out through Highrock canyon on Sunday on the way home we will bring one vehicle my sons FJ which I drove to base Camp last year

Hey LelandEOD. That is really a long shaft.m I measured mine and they aren't even close. Didn't measure the flange. Hope it makes it back in time so you can make the run.

So it looks like we will have four or five vehicles as of right now... only twp TLCs (and one is a Lexus!) for our Land Cruiser club outing... and none of them are from our club!:rofl:

@hairy_apple and @Krusty Krab are meeting me at my place and we will head to Gurlach around 1PM. Do you want to meet us there too @Mc Orange Crush and we can caravan up there together?

Any news about your shaft(s) @lelandEOD?

It’s a great trip, but I have to work on Sunday. All have fun and stay dry. Will be interesting to see how much moisture the desert will receive.

Ok so I heard the res shut down 445 but 447 to Gerlach is open. However, everything in Gerlach seems to be closed due to COVID-19. Bruno's has a message stating their open for takeout only and I cannot get anyone to answer at the Shell station. So I'll probably top off in Fernley (probably the Shell or Chevron since I am a gas snob!) and bring my 5-gallon can just in case.

UPS delivered it to them this morning. I'm hoping they can get it shipped back to me by tomorrow. If so, there's a slight chance it can get delivered on Friday. But Monday/Tuesday is more likely. :(

#roadtrip

;)

Bring gas. Bruno's probably has it but you never know. For me, Fernley to Gerlach burns more gas than Gerlach to Soldier Meadows. I seem to have an aerodynamics problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom