Spring Break 2018 - trip canceled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, so I said last year was the last trip since we are empty nesters but I got the itch. Luke said he and his wife would be interested in another trip so I thought I would set up another thread and gauge interest.

Why so early? Canyonlands takes reservations 4 months in advance and that is where we are now for the Woodland Park and D20 Districts Spring Break Schedules. See, I have already started.

I am thinking of the Maze district and doing the whole trip there, exploring more of what it has to offer. However, I am open to other suggestions.

Take a look below at the links below and let me know who is interested.

Kokopelli's Trail with Eric and his kids (https://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado...-spring-break-2012-kokopellis-trail-trip.html).

San Rafael Swell (https://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado...-rafael-swell-spring-break-march-27-31-a.html) ,

New Mexico (Spring Break Trip 2014 March 23 - 27, New Mexico Expo)

Canyonlands (Maze and Needles) Spring Break 2015 - March 21 - 26 - Canyonlands

Kokopelli revisited and Island in the Sky Spring Break 2016 - March 19 - 25 - Kokopelli's/Canyonlands

San Rafael Swell part 2 Spring Break 2017, March 25- 29, San Rafael Swell, part two

I always wanted to go on a trip to the maze. It would be nice to be back in there with some other Toyota’s.

Interested as always...

Still looking for a trailer (should have bought yours...)...

Any specific dates in mind?

My girls are off 26th-30th but don’t plan around us.

Last edited:
Always interested!
D20 spring break is March 23-29 - which seems odd that they'd be back on Friday the 30th, but I'm not worried about it. I think my son has a robotics competition the first weekend of break 23-25

My daughter's spring break is the week prior, 17-25, so looks like it will be one or the other :(

Last edited:
Looks like the week of March 26-30 is lining up. Katie wont make it as their Break is two weeks earlier.

Eric, let me know when you confirm the robotics competition.

Generally, I would like to retrace some of what we did last time but add in other stops and camp spots. Break up the first day into the Maze, last time was a bit brutal. I just pulled out my Maze map and got grit on my hands from the last trip..:cool:

I'll do some more research and try to sketch out a few more details.

What are you guys thinkin'? This still a go?

My trailer search has been unsuccessful. If I end up going, it'll probably be just me (MUCH less gear needed, sleeping in the truck, etc.). The kiddos will be bummed, but that's probably my only realistic option. Still probably sitting at a 50% chance at making the trip.

What are you guys thinkin'? This still a go?

My trailer search has been unsuccessful. If I end up going, it'll probably be just me (MUCH less gear needed, sleeping in the truck, etc.). The kiddos will be bummed, but that's probably my only realistic option. Still probably sitting at a 50% chance at making the trip.

I have other plans for Spring Break this year. You can borrow my trailer. Let me know if you are interested.

Wow, can't believe it has been that long since I posted. I have been intermittently doing some planning but life gets in the way at times.

Maze look out as a single destination, things filled up. However, I think I could make something equally as cool happen.

How about hitting three National Parks in one trip? Arches, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef would make quite the loop. I know a few back roads into Arches, then hit Needles district, down Elephant Hill, over to Maze for a night then over to Capitol Reef and back home. It would be four or five trail nights depending.

I know a couple of people have some scheduling issues they are working on.
Travis, look like you have a tailer.

Thoughts?

BTW, looks like another year went by w/o this making the tail run thread, I will fix it this year with mod super powers..lol

Sure would like to get back out there. Talking to my Team Lead tomorrow about taking that week off (even though I'd get thrown into negative PTO :D).
DSC_0324.JPG

Too bad there is no way to double like a post:grinpimp:

Okay, some things have opened back up giving Doll House as an option on Night 4. Or keep closer to the boundary and try to hit Capitol Reef.

Need to nail this down ASAP as that camp won’t stay open for long.

So, who is in? I need some firm commitments before I invest more time in planning and making CG reservations.

Remember, no pets per NPS rules and toilet systems are required in the Park.

6D908613-EEEC-435C-A074-43790C6578D0.jpeg

Hey guys - sorry I've dropped off the map for awhile. We're in, if it's still an option. Nate's competition is the 21st through 24th.

We can leave on the 25th. I’ll post up some more details soon. I know Luke still wants to go and Travis has been silent.

Sorry, just got back from vacation. Still unsure at this point. Still have to find a good time to ask my team lead about taking unpaid time off. :) Right before vacation didn't seem like a good time. I brought him back some good CO craft beer, so hopefully that'll be my ticket to Utah...

I hate to do this but I am cancellling the trip. Its been a great run over the past several years....

:frown:

There was only a small chance that I could have made this trip, but I would have had fun living vicariously through your posts and photos. Fingers crossed for a 2019 Utah Adventure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom