Spray In Bedliner Interior!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
photos.yahoo.com
I am wanting to put a spray in bedliner in the interior of my FJ40. Anybody got any ideas and helpful hints. Pictures would be nice.
Thanks
Sebo4wd

mine is black hurculiner, its getting old and i think mine looks dull and like s***... i'd like to get some gray bedliner which i think would look slick but can never find it at stores... good luck and i hope people post pics up as well, some guy doing a resto had pics of his lined truck bed looked saweet

if you search you'll find a ton of posts on this subject. when i did my interior in my 40 i used a spray in kit called rattleguard. was about $100 for 1.5 gallons and a spray gun. someone is selling it on ebay. stuff turned out pretty nice and was just enough

i am getting ready to spray mine....towards the end of the week....all info i have read says tape off everything you dont want this stuff on...and prep good...i will be doing dark gray durabak.

osagecruiser

No offense but you can't buy good bedliner to put in yourself, you will cause more problems then good, it may look pretty, but most of that stuff holds mostiure underneath it cause premature rot. Line X or turbo liner are the best of the best, that stuff is so strong when ground it, it actually sparks like metal, now the only way to get this done is professionaly or to buy a kit which will cost alot but you could start your own little business, the more prep work you do the better. The thing with those products is the liner goop is heated up before sprayed on it get 80% of it strength in the first minute you/they spray it on. It will cover holes, and everything. I was thinking about buying a kit, but who knows.

ya prep is everything, i've seen a few f'd up floors from people who got lazy with the last 15 mins of their prep. they wish they didn't have that section of the floor anymore. i think for the money, line-x is worth it.

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah, I was going to go w/ Line-X from the beginning. Just wandering what other people thought.

I had the interrior of my FJ40 tub sprayed, Arma-coatings, color matched body color (tan), excellent results, worth every penny(sorry, I still haven't taken any pics). I had to remove everything from the interrior, including the steering column, brake, clutch and gas pedals. It covered up all the holes in the dash for knobs, clips, dash pads, etc. so some work is required to reinstall everything, but certainly worth it.

How long have you had the Arma?? Has the color faded out at all yet?? Some colors are notorious for fading out of liner material.

Just got done doing an entire tub (insde and out) with the light gray Duraback. Prep is the biggest concern, dont coat anything you want to remove in the future. We primed the entire truck with RustBullet first. Ill snap some pics tonight, and againg when we get it all together this weekend.

Hodag

I used gray Durabak, wouldn't use it again. It is simply too thin to offer any real protection. I'll second coat everything this winter and I know it wasn't lack of prep for mine - I sandblasted the entire tub and it went on really well. Just isn't thick enough.

For the money, maybe 4 coats of Durabak will be comparable to others like Line_X or Rhino lining but it is a super hassle to get your dash area prep'd well enough to take it to any shop.

If you're doing a frame off then get it done, if not do it yourself.

I would make sure that you never want to do any body repair/panel repair once that stuff is on it's on for good. My fj was coated in and out from the front of the door to the back. Oh God what mess, try and find the rust!! I'm going to lose my mind or give up and go alumin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom