Sporadic Inop Blinkers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sonofaskipper

SILVER Star
Threads
Anybody had sporadically inoperative blinkers on their HDJ? Mine stopped working just prior to going back to work last month. When I returned from home, they mysteriously worked again. Worked for a few days, and just last night stopped again. Going to try and trouble shoot in the next day or two. The wife is pretty pissed already as I’ve just spent a solid 5 days doing the BEBs, front end service and new springs and shocks all around. So, if I’m smart, I’ll give it a few days before diving back into a project.

Yep, I've had the same issue (front light only). Although I haven't actually fixed the issue, I haven't had it come up again for a few years now. I suspect it stems from corroded connections at the signal light. When I had the issue back in 2014 or so the first thing I did was check the bulb. The connection was (actually still is) so corroded I couldn't remove the bulb. So I bought a whole new harness to replace the whole thing. I actually need to buy a replacement housing too since I have a number of cracks in mine. Anyway, I haven't replaced it yet because it's been working without issue pretty much since then.

Start there and see if the connection looks poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom