Sporadic dashboard lights, disengages CC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411423186.525521.jpg

These lights flicker and disengage the cruise control when engaged. I don't know what else it might be affecting. They turn on at park, while driving at any speed and also turn on whether the cc is engaged or disengaged. Where do I start looking for the problem? 94, new fuses. Not a new problem.

I'd start with checking over all your grounds and make sure they are in good shape. I see your ebrake light is one that comes on, that could cancel your cruise control.

I'd start with checking over all your grounds and make sure they are in good shape. I see your ebrake light is one that comes on, that could cancel your cruise control.
Thank you, I will check all my grounds.

^This. There's a ground in the driver side footwell that serves the cluster and the steering column switches. If your windshield has been replaced without sealant (very likely) water has probably gotten back there over time and corroded the connection. I'd bet cleaning it up fixes the problem.

^This. There's a ground in the driver side footwell that serves the cluster and the steering column switches. If your windshield has been replaced without sealant (very likely) water has probably gotten back there over time and corroded the connection. I'd bet cleaning it up fixes the problem.
That did happened when I had my windshield replaced and they forgot sealant and it rained and I brought it back for them to put sealant on rain did get into the cabin.

I will also check that wire as well thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom