Spod touch screen location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s at the bottom of the “A” post and is as high as possible in the pic. The mount is articulating so it will be away from the air bag. It’s not an issue.
If I do not like this location or the touch screen I’ll go to the sunglass holder location. No worries.

It’s at the bottom of the “A” post and is as high as possible in the pic. The mount is articulating so it will be away from the air bag. It’s not an issue.
If I do not like this location or the touch screen I’ll go to the sunglass holder location. No worries.
And use the rocker switches.

Photo_2020-10-01_07-12-06_AM.png

Here is where I attached my touch screen

this is where i was thinking... how difficult was it to get the wiring through the headliner and down the A pillar? How did you mount that with the SOS button being right there?
It wasn't too bad... the A-pillar is pretty easy to remove though I did pop down a few of the headliner clips and fished the cable through to the console area along with other wiring.

The SOS button is still accessible, but if I recall there wasn't a ton of clearance for the mounting screws and the wire. It's a tight fit but I've been happy with the placement. I do like the cleanliness of the sunglasses holder installs but then where would my sunglasses go?

I mounted mine right here. When I get around to it I plan to modify the wood trim to mount around it. It’s easy to use from the drivers position, doesn’t interfere with getting in and out and is far away from the airbags in the pillar.

F11D0AF2-7E26-4EEE-BAD0-F46761983201.jpeg

I mounted mine right here. When I get around to it I plan to modify the wood trim to mount around it. It’s easy to use from the drivers position, doesn’t interfere with getting in and out and is far away from the airbags in the pillar.

View attachment 2671568
Looks good. The air bag issue is a none issue. If your A pillar air bag goes off the steering wheel will pop as well. Least of my problems if both go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom