spod install fjz80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed an SPOD system on their 80 series. If so, please show how you mounted.

I can post a picture tomorrow. I put the BantamX bolted to a custom made bracket that is bolted on the firewall with two rivnuts. It sits right above the pass through port/gasket in the firewall.

The sPod itself is mounted to the Wits End Useless Cubby Insert on a Ram Ball mount and short arm.

I can post a picture tomorrow. I put the BantamX bolted to a custom made bracket that is bolted on the firewall with two rivnuts. It sits right above the pass through port/gasket in the firewall.

The sPod itself is mounted to the Wits End Useless Cubby Insert on a Ram Ball mount and short arm.
That would be great to see

73CEAD74-153A-46B7-BE8F-EF97DC4078D6.jpeg
9D0E259C-93FC-4927-826F-F4197B53F74A.jpeg

Here is what I have loosely mocked up now.

Does the useless cubby have to be intact to use the mount? Mine broke when I removed it...

Are the two screw holes still intact in the cubby void?
I think, I'll have to check tomorrow. I remember taking the screws out, but the cubby piece itself breaking when I removed it.

That's pretty much how I envisioned doing it. Thanks for adding the pics.

Mounted one in buddies truck, made a bracket on the fire wall, installed the controller in a delta shifter console.

Mounted one in buddies truck, made a bracket on the fire wall, installed the controller in a delta shifter console.
Any pics of the whole setup?

I moved the controller to the A Pillar mount by Wits End. Other than that it’s still going well.
You mentioned a mockup; did you permanently install in that location? What are you controlling, how heavy is usage, and have you had any issues or are you happy with it overall? I see people going back and forth on sPOD vs Switch Pros, but haven't come across many with actual sPOD experience...

You mentioned a mockup; did you permanently install in that location? What are you controlling, how heavy is usage, and have you had any issues or are you happy with it overall? I see people going back and forth on sPOD vs Switch Pros, but haven't come across many with actual sPOD experience...
Yes everything is permanent where it’s at. The mount under the hood has been holding up great.

I’m controlling an aux fan, rock lights, amber fog pods, driving light pods, reverse lights and a light bar eventually.

Haven’t had any issues, I really do like it. I like the ability to control the lights and make them flash if I want to (my kids love it). The only thing I don’t like about the touch screen is you have to press firmly to activate the “button”. I understand why they did it that way it just took some getting used to compared to smart phones.

I would buy it again if I had to start over.

Yes everything is permanent where it’s at. The mount under the hood has been holding up great.

I’m controlling an aux fan, rock lights, amber fog pods, driving light pods, reverse lights and a light bar eventually.

Haven’t had any issues, I really do like it. I like the ability to control the lights and make them flash if I want to (my kids love it). The only thing I don’t like about the touch screen is you have to press firmly to activate the “button”. I understand why they did it that way it just took some getting used to compared to smart phones.

I would buy it again if I had to start over.
Thanks! Did you fab the mount, adapt an existing one, take any pictures? Seems like a good spot if you're coming off the DS battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom