Wanted Split transfer case, Portland/Vancouver area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought you might be able to see the molded piece bumped out without total disassembling the transfer, looking behind the gear either by eye or a mirror.

I checked and you're right, a portion of the oiler recess can be seen and felt through the PTO port, I check this on a complete transfer I have out of a vehicle, I don't think the recess could be easily seen if the transfer was fitted to a vehicle, although if you know what you're groping for you can feel it.

Last edited:
I checked and you're right, a portion of the oiler recess can be seen and felt through the PTO port, I check this on a complete transfer I have out of a vehicle, I don't think the recess could be easily seen if the transfer was fitted to a vehicle, although if you know what you're groping for you can feel it.

I have a loose H42 from. 3/82 that has a transfer case with a 83 date code. Guess I go groping around and see if the front half of the case is 83 as well or part of the original case mated to the transmission.

I have a loose transfer case, build is late 84 so it is the ideal 34mm case for H55. No 5th bolt hole and has the oiler cup provision. Freshly vapor blasted cases, rebuild kit, pretty much everything you need.

Let me know if you're still in market.

Guess I go groping around and see if the front half of the case is 83 as well

The green lines represent the PTO port opening, even though the oiler recess wound normally be partially covered by a gear, it can be felt.

P1060975.JPG

I have a 1984 FJ60 H42 and split case I am looking to sell here in Massachusetts. let me know if you are still in the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom