split case temps?? (1 Viewer)

Quick question about t-case temps. I'm nearing the end of my 40 build and have been driving it a bit. Took a 40 mile drive tonight and took a quick look for leaks/ issues when I got to the house, all looked great except that the split case was hot to the touch... not super hot, I could hold my hand on it but it was certainly warmer than other t-cases I've had my hands on. Any advice??

Mine is really hot too on both my rigs. Was told it was normal. I was working on a totally different issue when I noticed it. Seemed too hot but then I had never touched it before after a drive to see and to have a point of reference. I have a hand held temperature gun, measures it with infrared from a distance. Never seen it over 160. Interesting to use it all over the vehicle after a good hard run to check various temperatures.

On a FJ60, the TFR gets hot after a good drive. Too hot to touch after driving for an hour on the Fwy.

Thanks for the information guys, looks like I'm in the 150-170° range after about a 45 minute hwy drive so I'll take that as "normal".

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom