Wanted Split Case for an Auto HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bagochips76

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.overlandcruisersmt.com
I am in need of a split case for an auto HJ61. The one that I have has destroyed input, idler and high speed output gears. Toyota no longer makes the High Speed output gear and finding a used gear just is worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack. So, I'm looking for a verified AUTO tranny t-case or a Tranny/T-Case combo from a 12h-t, NOT for a 3FE as it is not the same. Please let me know what you have, I need to get my customer's rig out of my shop and back on the road.

Thanks!
Stephen

Is there something I'm missing? Is the gear ratio different for the FJ62 & HJ61 case? Why doesn't an FJ62's transfer case work? Should be able to swap the gear set.

Thanks guys.
I assume you called us late this afternoon, correct?!
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808

@orangefj45 Yes, that was me. Looking at the part numbers from Toyota, the ones I need for this application are different numbers than the FJ62. Despite the differences in the numbers, it appears that the parts are the same. The numbers are different for a diesel versus gas versus manual versus automatic. Really weird. Long story short I can still get what I need from Toyota.

The differences are in the gear ratios (there were a few different ones), and that the automatics had bearings under the output gears whereas the manual trans units had bushings.

There may be other subtle differences as well, that I'm not aware of.

~John

This the difference in gears I noticed between fj60 transfer and hj60 transfer /hzj77 and hj61 maybe same/ gears. Anyone knows which one is more suited for highway mileage.

Idler gear difference1.jpg

Idler gear difference.jpg

There is no difference in highway mileage as high range is 1:1. It's the low range that's different.

~John

If you're looking for a matching gear set, I have one from a 1987 HJ61 (5 speed) that's the 1.96 ratio. It would give you full set of gear and an idler shaft that's moderate mileage and in good shape.

Somewhat heavy to ship, but if it's what you need then I can send it to you for a fair price.

Other than that, I can see if I have an auto transfer case or gear set I can send you, but I'm not going digging for it for a few days yet as I'm way too busy.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom