Spliced Wires on Driver Side Door Control Wiring - Dealer Installed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had to tighten up a screw on the Driver Side door panel the other day and opened it up to this:
62215812492__71959794-3063-4D7D-8D3B-608C66E33C2D.JPG

62215813115__D9F677F7-C51F-4DF8-81F2-9F4BBAD87B5C.JPG

That's the plug that goes into the box picture above. The splices used are the same splices used for the dealer installed alarm system. (I've since ripped all that out.) I'm puzzled what purpose this serves. A possibly related issue is when I unlock the front door with the key only the front two doors unlock. Could this be related?

According to the LX EWD those two pins jumpered is what ALLOWS the two front doors to unlock with the drivers door key. On the LX if you you turn the drivers door key twice it unlocks all doors. On my LX one turn of the drivers door key just unlocks the drivers door.

Thanks @retlaw. I always get a little nervous when I see splices like that on a car, but it seems like Land Cruisers were something a little different. Is there any way to unlock all four doors from the front driver?

I wasnt clear...That splice is not shown on my EWD. Its been added. Did you try turning the key twice to unlock all doors?

I tried turning the key twice and only the front two remain unlocked. One turn: Front two unlock. Two turns: Same

I tried turning the key twice and only the front two remain unlocked. One turn: Front two unlock. Two turns: Same
That jumper looks like a hack to defeat the 'turn-twice-to-unlock-all-doors' feature for the driver door.

Regardless, all 5 of the door lock actuators are wired in parallel so they should all operate at the same time.
Either you've got some bad actuators, or maybe there's more wire hacking going on.

Okay, so normally if I were to turn it twice it would unlock all five doors including the back? I'm thinking there may be more of these jumpers in the other door panels. Hopefully removing them would take care of all of this.

Also, when I use the unlock button on the driver's side it only unlocks or locks the front two. Is this all coming from the same issue? It's really a pain to crawl back and unlock that back hatch all the time...

Okay, so normally if I were to turn it twice it would unlock all five doors including the back?
That's right.
I'm thinking there may be more of these jumpers in the other door panels.
Doubtful there are more jumpers. More likely an open circuit somewhere, or it's the actuators themselves. (not uncommon)
Also, when I use the unlock button on the driver's side it only unlocks or locks the front two. Is this all coming from the same issue?
I'd say most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom