Splash guards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tlc1995

SILVER Star
Threads
Would it be wise to remove the wheel well splash guards during the summer/drier months to help with cooling and engine temps?

Good radiator, fan clutch that engages, seal around the fan shroud, working thermostat, properly mixed coolant. Done.

Good radiator, fan clutch that engages, seal around the fan shroud, working thermostat, properly mixed coolant. Done.
This is where my mind goes.

Is it safe to assume that - because you're looking at something like removing splash guards - you are currently having overheating problems? What is the state of your cooling system components?

Is it safe to assume that - because you're looking at something like removing splash guards - you are currently having overheating problems? What is the state of your cooling system components?
No I'm just asking. I'm usually around 184 to 191 depending on my driving style. That's what the scan gauge is telling me.

No I'm just asking. I'm usually around 184 to 191 depending on my driving style. That's what the scan gauge is telling me.
Ok, so what's the problem?
Scanner anxiety?

Scanner anxiety?
Is that real ? I just was saying that's what the gauge was reading. I asked original question and it got answered fairly quickly. I then asked about hood scoops as I agreed with the first respondent @ajax1 and the answer he gave. No One answered that question. 1 has given a formula to beat the heat. Thanks @Comet . 1 gave a obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of cars and a general, open for questioning kind of intrigue. Most likely to get me to fire away with a more telling series of questions. Thanks @bhsdrillers. 1 asked and gave his assumption whether based on facts, assumptions of previous studying of others same question or what I think is assuming I had overheating issues and posed a question to get the general idea of my maintenance records or and the state of those components that directly and indirectly play a part in the cooling process. Thanks@SpenserAK . I responded. Gave my engine temp numbers and started scan gauge was the actual numbers and the ways and means of getting those said #'s. I now have anxiety issues I'm aware of or that issues like this are real . Thanks @landlocked98 .
So are hood scoops a better way? Just seeing what does and doesn't help out the next best idea or reliable alternatives/options or the ways others have gone. Trying to suck every thing I can out of the old sabertooth. Need him around for the next 20 years so protective and proactice steps are being looked at.
That's all. Sorry if I didn't give enough information or didn't start my thread off with a better understanding of my end game or why I want to know or anything more upfront. "So a hood scoop?" was the next question I posed
No further question for this witness. I have complete and utter faith in this assessment thank You
Good advice and a great standard to share and keep. . This is as elementary as it it can and should be. Thank You again
No, if you are overheating there's other issues
I agree with this assessment. Getting to the core reason(s) . Symptoms causing the overheating need to be addressed and now if not quicker. Thank You for that but not overheating so other issues don't apply

This is good motherly advise or if You're a woman since they assume more than their counterparts. I know this to be facts. Ask any woman if she wants to go to mudding or rock crawling. She already assumes You are wanting to You know get her in Your bed when all You wanted to do was get her in Your Cruiser and the good times it brings. Thank you
Scanner anxiety?
That's a good one and a new one to me. So is there a cure for this besides cutting the cord and not using things like this or any hope if you do develop this certain anxiety. Maybe some blinders might help reduce the intensity of it. I don't know what would ? One reason and the only one is I don't have it. Believe it or not but thank You for the clinical duagnoses I see You graduated head of your class from Sarcasm U. But You still don't have the "likes" as of this moment to a no nonsense common sense already taken by @bhsdriller and even liked by You. Before or after Your post is another question but if I were a betting man and I'm not, but if I were to be one I'd say before and the obvious reason to be sarcastic. All I ask is if You could pull that knife out of my back before I go please and thank Yourself and thank You

Whuuuut

th-3844834300.jpg

Wait? Did I get called smart? I resent that assumption. My attention span is short but I enjoyed the above missive so much that further pontification was required of me.

Many hood scoops have been installed on the 80 series platform to address perceived heat issues. Now that I am aware that your vehicle is not overheating I agree with @ajax1

No. Apply the basics to your cooling system by monitoring temperatures.

The cool factor of a hood scoop, if that’s the end goal with justification from a bunch of gawking keyboard desk jockeys, I’d say go for it. There are a lot of threads on MUD that outline the parts, placement, and results in great detail.

If you decide to install the Chevy Cavalier Z34 scoops please post pictures. I have not seen one I do not like.

Is that real ? I just was saying that's what the gauge was reading. I asked original question and it got answered fairly quickly. I then asked about hood scoops as I agreed with the first respondent @ajax1 and the answer he gave. No One answered that question. 1 has given a formula to beat the heat. Thanks @Comet . 1 gave a obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of cars and a general, open for questioning kind of intrigue. Most likely to get me to fire away with a more telling series of questions. Thanks @bhsdrillers. 1 asked and gave his assumption whether based on facts, assumptions of previous studying of others same question or what I think is assuming I had overheating issues and posed a question to get the general idea of my maintenance records or and the state of those components that directly and indirectly play a part in the cooling process. Thanks@SpenserAK . I responded. Gave my engine temp numbers and started scan gauge was the actual numbers and the ways and means of getting those said #'s. I now have anxiety issues I'm aware of or that issues like this are real . Thanks @landlocked98 .
So are hood scoops a better way? Just seeing what does and doesn't help out the next best idea or reliable alternatives/options or the ways others have gone. Trying to suck every thing I can out of the old sabertooth. Need him around for the next 20 years so protective and proactice steps are being looked at.
That's all. Sorry if I didn't give enough information or didn't start my thread off with a better understanding of my end game or why I want to know or anything more upfront. "So a hood scoop?" was the next question I posed

No further question for this witness. I have complete and utter faith in this assessment thank You

Good advice and a great standard to share and keep. . This is as elementary as it it can and should be. Thank You again

I agree with this assessment. Getting to the core reason(s) . Symptoms causing the overheating need to be addressed and now if not quicker. Thank You for that but not overheating so other issues don't apply

This is good motherly advise or if You're a woman since they assume more than their counterparts. I know this to be facts. Ask any woman if she wants to go to mudding or rock crawling. She already assumes You are wanting to You know get her in Your bed when all You wanted to do was get her in Your Cruiser and the good times it brings. Thank you

That's a good one and a new one to me. So is there a cure for this besides cutting the cord and not using things like this or any hope if you do develop this certain anxiety. Maybe some blinders might help reduce the intensity of it. I don't know what would ? One reason and the only one is I don't have it. Believe it or not but thank You for the clinical duagnoses I see You graduated head of your class from Sarcasm U. But You still don't have the "likes" as of this moment to a no nonsense common sense already taken by @bhsdriller and even liked by You. Before or after Your post is another question but if I were a betting man and I'm not, but if I were to be one I'd say before and the obvious reason to be sarcastic. All I ask is if You could pull that knife out of my back before I go please and thank Yourself and thank You
You asked about a problem you aren't having. Implying that if you were to have that problem that you had a better idea of how to deal with it than the dudes who designed and built the truck.
But if that were true, I suspect you wouldn't be here asking.
But then you aren't really asking for edification purposes as clearly evidenced by your judgemental brain dump on each answer to your non-question. All the while missing the nuance your own inquiry brought about.
So yes. Scanner anxiety is real.
As to your overcooling issue, should really get that looked at soon.

Crud. This is going to chat, isn’t it?

This thread made my day.

You think this is entertaining, you should see the PM exchange yesterday about a set of springs I have for sale...... Instead of a "whuuuuut" like @mudgudgeon replied here, mine was a "HUH?" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom