Spindle bolt torque spec please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1967 front drum backing plate and spindle to knuckle torque? I found a thread here for 34 foot lbs. I think this maybe for later models. Help please.

1967 front drum backing plate and spindle to knuckle torque? I found a thread here for 34 foot lbs. I think this maybe for later models. Help please.
Found it. 11-16 ft lbs.

7107394B-9605-447F-9EF8-C064E7CD71FA.jpeg

FWIW
Haynes from '69 up
Axle Hub/Axle Outer Shaft Flange 22.8 f/lb
Max Ellery says 23f/lb

i do not think I ran across it in the FSM I used in the Torque Specs thread.

@fjc-man - which FSM was that?

FWIW
Haynes from '69 up
Axle Hub/Axle Outer Shaft Flange 22.8 f/lb
Max Ellery says 23f/lb

i do not think I ran across it in the FSM I used in the Torque Specs thread.

@fjc-man - which FSM was that?
Is not the flange what splines onto the outer axle splines? Not the spindle?

I find it interesting that differnet years and different versions of the manual do occassionally list different torques (or none at all) for the same applications. I put together that long thread from a couple different versions of bith Toyota and non Toyota manuals and have seen that earlier or later editions do sometimes have some differences for the same span of model years.

I find it interesting that differnet years and different versions of the manual do occassionally list different torques (or none at all) for the same applications. I put together that long thread from a couple different versions of bith Toyota and non Toyota manuals and have seen that earlier or later editions do sometimes have some differences for the same span of model years.
I set it at 16 ft lbs and ran my safety wire.

203EBB9B-55BC-4EF8-8FD3-DFB1B4D9895A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom