1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spill proof gas cans? WTF

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by cruzer, Aug 1, 2005.

1. cruzer

cruzer

2. Cube Dweller

Cube Dweller Moderator

HA HA HA HA you're now victimized by the same POS gas cans we are in Kalifornia. And these cans spill WORSE than the old style ones due to the PO nozzles that are impossible to keep open while you're trying to @#$@#$@ pour gas.

I need to move to Nevada.

3. robinhood4x4

robinhood4x4

Hahaha, welcome to california. Yup, they leak while the good ww2 jerry cans that don't leak are illegal.

4. Shahram

Shahram I ain't got herpes no more.

I've had numerous "leak-proof" gas cans. They all leaked. They never seal right, and you put the nozzle on, get the thing in the tank, and nothing happens. The only gas coming out is between the nozzle and the can, running down your leg. You have to push back the sleeve to release the gas, but the sleeve won't release because there's nowhere to catch going into the tank. So you do it by hand, get gas all over yourself, the vehicle, and the ground. It takes forever because the gas is coming out of this tiny hole in the side of the sleeve, into the gas reservoir instead of straight into the tank, so you're constantly having to stop pouring, because it's overflowing, and you have to let the gas settle. Then you can't get all the gas out of the can because the sleeve has an awkward opening, and won't work if you point the can upside down, so you have to leave a 1/4 gallon in the bottom. Then, the tanks stink like hell because they're never air tight. In fact, most of them leak if they're turned upside down, fully closed and tightened! The only part that gas doesn't come out of IS THE ****ING PART THAT GAS IS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT OF!!!

IH8LEAKPROOFCANS

5. LongIsland60

LongIsland60

I can't stand these pieces of sh%t they are selling now. I never used to spill gas (well, I could avoid it in the past) Now I get it all ofer the fawking place. retards.

6. Desertdave

Desertdave

Thanks

Reading this thread makes me feel like a genius for buying about 8 of those surplus cans a few years back.

The only time I've seen any spillage was a fellow who filled it at sea level, then popped the top at 8000 feet after hours in the sun. Glad I was partially turned away. Gas+contacts=ouch.